Vibration/impact effect on Worcester Bosch 24i?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a WB 24i (not Junior) located in the utility room. Yesterday a shelf support collapsed sending some boxes and cans of paint down and sideways into the side of the combi, and then the floor. No visible damage to case or smells of gas/H2O leaks.

Since then the DHW works, the CH does not. By which I mean when turned on to max on boiler control and max at wall therm, the pump doesn’t begin and nothing happens. Settings lower than max in any combination on both do not work either. wall therm clicks as though detecting temperature so I presume that’s working.
Timer doesn’t initiate CH either.

There was a brief fault with both DHW and CH which resolved by running the hot tap until it fired 2 years ago which has not recurred since. This happened the day after I did some work on sliding garage door, mounted near the outer part of the same wall the combi’s on. I’m mentioning this in case there may be a common factor. That resolved spontaneously (not sure how) and hasn’t happened since then. Daily use of sliding door does nothing though we do try to not slam it too hard since.

Requesting some opinions on likely cause, keywords to research, etcetera, before I decide whether to try DIY or call an engineer? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
possibly a room thermostat wire pulled out of a connection somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back