Vibrations driving me mad - anti-vibration feet on bed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I live in a flat with a neighbour who has a very noisy fridge that causes my heavy bed to vibrate at night all night. Does anyone know of any solution? I was thinking of anti-vibration mounts under the beds legs but they do not appear to be commercially available. Any ideas welcome. I am getting desperate. Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
just bang on the door at 2 or 3 am every night and tell him that his fridge is keeping you up.. he'll soon either get a new one or move it..
invite him round to hear / feel the disturbance he's causing you and tell him that if it's not resolved you'll be applying for as ASBO against him..

you'll miss it when it's gone.. :)

They are deaf and elderly. They own, I rent...

Think my best bet is anti-vibration mounts under the legs of the bed.

makes no odds at all how old they are or whether they own or not.. they are causing you a nuisance and need to be told as much.. if they refuse to do anything about it then they are being anti-social so you get an ASBO against them and make them stop..

Sponsored Links
You'd be better off mounting the fridge on something to absorb the vibration - chances are it's the rubber bushes worn out on the compressor mounting. If the vibration's as bad as you say I'm surprised it doesn't bother you all the time so you're better fixing the problem at source if you can (preferably without duffing up the old folks :rolleyes: ).

makes no odds at all how old they are or whether they own or not.. they are causing you a nuisance and need to be told as much.. if they refuse to do anything about it then they are being anti-social so you get an ASBO against them and make them stop..

Oh my god!!! Can you imagine how that would look in the local paper,,, " Elderly deaf couple, given ASBO because of their noisy fridge" :rolleyes: ,,, i mean,,, c'mon,, you're 'avin a laugh. :LOL:

Or how about.

'Elderly couple given ASBO for making bed shake!' :LOL: :LOL:

Tico pad under fridge not bed.
Mounting your bed on springs could be intresting though. How about those big ones used in kids play parks. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back