Victorian Chimney stack question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My home and my neighbour's flues terminate as 10 chimney pots on a combined stack. My question is, would all my flueways be separate up to the stack. As I want one flue swept and any other won't be done.
I would not want debris falling down onto my gas back-boiler!

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
building standards in the Bahamas are likely to be very different from the UK. This is a UK website so I recommend you ask locally.

A local chimney-sweep will usually know a lot about how local houses were built.

We have two fireplaces now, one front room, one back (but many pots).
We are located in sunny cumbria.

Sponsored Links
You would get more responses if you changed your profile location.. i saw it said Bahamas and didnt even bother reading post..

There were probably 5 fireplaces originally but each would have their own flue. Front room, back room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms. There is little likelyhood of any shared flue but your local chimney sweep will advise you best.

There were probably 5 fireplaces originally but each would have their own flue. Front room, back room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms. There is little likelyhood of any shared flue but your local chimney sweep will advise you best.
how you know he has 2 bedrooms - you been to his house :?: :LOL: Kitchen would have been out t h e back 3 bedrooms inside ;)

how you know he has 2 bedrooms - you been to his house :?: :LOL: Kitchen would have been out t h e back 3 bedrooms inside ;)

Yep, kitchen out back with redundant chimney stack!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back