Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorting out mine and my attached neighbours chimney stack:

IMG_20210310_104948700.jpg

Once I've finished the weeding and repointing I want to address the top:

IMG_20210310_105029552_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210310_105058193.jpg

We each have 3 flues, my chimney breasts have all been removed apart from the sections in the loft - I want to completely cap off the top of my stack, all 3 flues - I don't believe it needs ventilation, my two front flues have been capped by a bit of old concrete garage panel for the past 5 years without (apparent) issue - I just want to confirm this is ok (obviously done a bit neater) as a permanent solution?

My neighbour (the half in the background) has a full set of chimneys - until recently he had a back boiler and 2 gas fires but now gone. What I want to do on his side is: remove that big pot at the front before it falls off and replace it with the surplus smaller pot from my side, leave the small gas cowl in the middle, put pepper pots in the two pots and re-flaunch the whole lot.

My neighbour had the gas fires replaced by electric and said whoever fitted them put balloons up the flues - I believe possibly not the best course of action (blocking air flow) but I don't think what I'm doing will make anything worse - if anything there will be a bit it less rain going down his chimneys courtesy of the pepper pots?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back