victorian house concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a Victorian house and the kitchen floor seems to have pink coloured concrete, i have notice this type of flooring in a lot of Victorian houses Do anyone know what type of flooring it is?

Attachments

• pink.JPG
    pink.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 272
Sponsored Links
It's possibly victorian terrazzo - an in focus photo would help!

Here is a clearer picture the gray patches on the floor are just dust.
The floor has rough texture finish The floor hasn't been painted this colour because there no flaking.

Attachments

• p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 344
Looks like asphalt to me same as what was used in most terraced house,s when people wanted to lay lino or oilcloth as it was self leveling, ish you prob find there are stone flags underneath it, which were not even enough to lay onto.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

Last edited:
You have an asphalt floor - the red comes from the Magnetite that used to be added to the asphalt.

OP Paul,
Ignore the malicious post above from the well known forum troll.
He takes pleasure in giving contrary, well wrong, information to such as yourself who trust in the Forum to give you an honest technically correct answer.

Trolls are so sad & lonely.

Nicely said vinn i,ve just joined on here recently and a plumbing forum and some of the replys to people and myself are not called for i,d like them to say it to my face there,s no need for it, so called tradespeople as well.
Andy.

Andy,
thank you.
Dont allow abuse mate, if you are wrong just apologise and get on with it, but so many, like the well known troll, are on here to try & vent their lonely life frustrations on the unsuspecting.
They act like telephone tough guys when they'd run a mile if they met you in person.
All such are cowards - you stand your ground mate, and step up to them.

Believe me, after a little time on here you'll find very few actual tradesmen, very few. Thats why they'll try to jump on someone who's new - remember at school?
Figure most of them for 12 yrs of age.

Haha nice one vinn mate yeah i,ll stand my ground someone was trying to get me to bite the fact that i,ve been in the army reserve,s for 20 year,s REME just a few comments, i don,t take that lightly as i,ve lost a few friend,s over the year,s.
Andy.

And good for you. You've done something useful to be proud of with your life - the REME wouldn't take someone who didn't know what they were doing.
Some of these deadbeats wouldn't now how to walk straight, never mind march and think at the same time.

Cheers mate thats really nice i was going to sign off these forums today but having spoke to someone like yourself i,ll stick with it, there are a lot of people on here asking for help and i can prob offer quite a bit, i was right was i about it being asphalt only reason is i remember coming home from school one day i must have been 14ish and dad was taking up the kitchen floor and it was red his back had gone, being my old school dad not wanting to give in, so i took over and it was like hard chewing gum, and quite thick in place,s.
Andy

You have an asphalt floor - the red comes from the Magnetite that used to be added to the asphalt.

OP Paul,
Ignore the malicious post above from the well known forum troll.
He takes pleasure in giving contrary, well wrong, information to such as yourself who trust in the Forum to give you an honest technically correct answer.

Trolls are so sad & lonely.
A bit harsh, but fair. Would you both accept my apologies.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back