Video doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there basically I purchased a video doorbell from Amazon. I installed everything correctly and mounted it correctly on my door.

How come the doorbell the top part always comes out of its slot? I pushed the doorbell into the frame and secured it with the provided security screw. As you can see in the picture I had to tape it at the top. Would anyone give me another idea of how to prevent this from happening instead of using tape.

It is securely on but if I remove the tape it will randomly flop out.

Attachments

• 4E69CAD2-FEE9-4D59-835A-77263D563259.jpeg
    4E69CAD2-FEE9-4D59-835A-77263D563259.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
That saying "buy cheap buy twice " rings a bell !!!!!
I know people have budgets but some times it not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Ok will consider sending it back. What doorbell would you recommend then on Amazon?

My preferred options:

Wireless chime included (battery powered)

Budget - up to £60

Sponsored Links
contact the seller and see what they say, they may send you a replacement that does not keep coming out.

BTW, are you sure the bracket is the right way up? it looks like the button will go down to remove, in which case I'd suggest it's upside down?

contact the seller and see what they say, they may send you a replacement that does not keep coming out.

BTW, are you sure the bracket is the right way up? it looks like the button will go down to remove, in which case I'd suggest it's upside down?
It is the right way up. You have to secure it with a security screw and the hole is at the bottom. It would be upside down if I did it the other way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back