Videx 6272 Intercom not working right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have just moved in to a new place and the intercom does not ring when the external button is pushed. We have replaced the handset with a new one but it has not worked. The video recall button works and the door release button works. I have been trying to find a good wiring diagram to check that the wires are in the right terminals but can not find one. I am hoping that someone on here might know the unit and can give me some help on ideas and possible point me in the right direction?
The unit is a Videx 6272 video intercom.
IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3258.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi
Yes we check all the volume etc, we thought the volume switch was broken so got a new phone and put this on. The video feed works but when the outside button is pushed the intercom inside does not ring. you can change the ring tone on this phone but we can only do this if we have the handset to our ear and you can hear this but can not hear any on the loudspeaker part so I am wondering if the wire are in the wrong terminals but can not find a good diagram I have tried the videx site but can only get the basic operating manual.

Sponsored Links
Hi Thank you. should there be a local bell? there is nothing fitted other than the intercom unit? so I have nothing connected to LB only 1 cable to -

ok I see so would that mean there is a cable missing or one of the other cables are in the wrong connector? if so is it best to try moving one at a time to see if this works?

Hi Sorry I just realised that that there is no door bell at the flat the only door bell is on the panel on the outside door to the lobby like the one in the bottom right of the diagram.

OK thank you do you have any ideas that I could try regarding the connections or the switches on the unit in case they are wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Download the manual ....how many buttons on the downstairs intercom unit ? As looking at the dip switches on the handset it may be coded wrong ...

Hi Sorry I have only just had chance to get back to you, the flats have 12 buttons and ours is number 8. I have been having an email conversation with Videx Technical department and they were very very good and quick to respond and would recommend them to anyone on my experience. They advised that the unit was set at the factory default and that I needed to change the switches to all off with the exception of No. 4 as this is the address for No. 8 (I don't really understand this) but having done this the unit work perfectly.

I would like to thank spakymarka for his time and help on this.

f No. 4 as this is the address for No. 8 (I don't really understand this)

Switch 1 has a value of 1
switch 2 has a value of 2
switch 3 has a value of 4
switch 4 has a value of 8

Add up the values of the switches that are ON to get the address of the handset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back