VIDEX INTERCOM BUZZER NOT WORKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any help would be appreciated. I live in a stair with 8 flats, with an intercom at the flat door to buzz in etc. As far as I know it's just my buzzer that doesn't work, I thought this May be due to the handset? Everything else works fine apart from the mic on the phone. I can hear them but they can't hear me. I have opened the handset and it looks all fine, nothing disconnected etc, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Next steps are , multimeter across buzzer and get some one to hold in button outside , if around 13v ac , replace buzzer if no voltage it may be the button on panel !

the buzzer is the component at the bottom right (top right in the photo without rotation) near where the handset cord exits.

Hi, I've got a Videx intercom. It buzzers but the volume is so low. I couldn't spot what wiring I had done wrong. Is anyone able to help please?

Attachments

• received_631043182020165.jpeg
    received_631043182020165.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 127
The speech volume works fine but the buzzer volume is very low. I have to be standing next to it even hear it buzz.

Are you sure there’s a buzzer in that phone …..doesn’t look like it from that photo ….there is a volume slider on the side ….high …medium…..low…

Ahhh that could be the reason why. Is it possible to add a buzzer to this circuit? Or better to buy a new intercom with a buzzer fitted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back