Viesmann boiler operation query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have finally replaced our ancient floor standing conventional boiler with a wall mounted open vented condensing boiler from Viesmann (35kW - Vitodens 100-W Open Vent).

It has been in for a day now and I have noticed that instead of just maintaining a steady burning state it keeps on going silent every say 10-15 minutes for 5 minutes and then slowly starts up again. The programmer and thermostat are both calling for heat.

Is this normal behavior ?

A few other points. We have kept the Horstmann programmer from our old system and also the Honeywell Thermostat and all other piping & zone valves etc. We have bought the climate sensor but it is not yet installed and we have not got the Viesmann Room Thermostat

The installer is coming back on Monday but I don't want to hassle him before then. He has been great but is under great pressure from many of his customers who have heating problems in this horrific weather. Yesterday his mobile hardly stopped and all I heard all day was "is it showing a fault code ?" Most of these were frozen condensate pipes apparently.

Any comments would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Please ignore the above post as it seems to have settled down with a constant droning noise. It could be that had turned the temperature control knob up too high and close to Reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back