Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler - Central Heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Boiler - Viesmann Vitedans 100-W 35kw Boiler
Problem - Central Heating not working

Central Heating is controlled by HIVE.
Boiler was installed couple of months back. New radiators were installed as well. We never swiched on central heating until yesterday night.

In the last 24 hours I have managed to do all I could (ofcourse without opening the boiler as it will void warranty) like bleeding radiators, restarting boiler, restarting again, turning on and off the heating multiple times on hive, etc.
As soon as I set the temperature on HIVE, green lights turn up on the HIVE and boilers starts (from silent to working sound). But central heating doesnt work. Fire (burn logo) doesn't turn on the display screen as well. Burn logo turns on for a minute and then disappears.

Hot water from taps are all working fine without any issues. It is just the central heating that is not working.
Any suggestions on what could be the issue. It is getting colder and colder and need the central heating up and running ASAP.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it fires up, then stops then it’s either airlocked or the valves underneath could be closed. Was the heating tested by the installer before they left? Who installed the Hive? Agree with Terry, need installer back really.

Here is an image from the bottom of the boiler. I believe the valves are all ok ?

Screenshot_20221030-201554_Video Player9.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell if that return (outermost large pipe on right) is closed, if it is that could be the problem.

Hard to tell if that return (outermost large pipe on right) is closed, if it is that could be the problem.
You mean the one of those 2 black valves. They are closed. I dont really know what those 2 valves are. But i believe those 2 are used to adjust water pressure in the system ?

You mean the one of those 2 black valves. They are closed. I dont really know what those 2 valves are. But i believe those 2 are used to adjust water pressure in the system ?
No I don’t mean those, they’re used as you believe to fill/top up the system. I mean this one (attached)

Attachments

• 516B93EA-D8F0-4429-BBA8-3C35A6E908FF.jpeg
    516B93EA-D8F0-4429-BBA8-3C35A6E908FF.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 54
No I don’t mean those, they’re used as you believe to fill/top up the system. I mean this one (attached)
How do i know if it turned on or turned off ? I can go and certainly have a look.

How do i know if it turned on or turned off ? I can go and certainly have a look.
The one to the left of it (hot feed cold inlet) has a slot which is inline with the pipe, the return looks similar and should also be in line with the pipe, if it’s across it or partially then it need to be opened fully.

Guys, just to be clear, yesterday / today I "Bleed" all the radiator multiple times.

Here is another image if that is clear.

boiler_bottom.png

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yep miles better and as per @terryplumb the return is open :giggle:. Could still be trapped air, are all radiator valves open?

Yep miles better and as per @terryplumb the return is open :giggle:. Could still be trapped air, are all radiator valves open?
Are all radiator valves open?

I believe you mean TRV's on radiator ? It is installed and they are all either "opened full" or opened "half ".

Is there a way to check that out ? My understanding is that TRV's are all open as I was able to bleed water from all radiators ?? Not sure If i am speaking stupid and silly here. If I did, please excuse me.

That is my understanding atleast and that is how I based my investigations so far.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back