Viesmann Vitodens 100 vs Vaillant eco Fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to buy a heat-only replacement of my Potterton 50e for open vented S plan system.

My requirement is a boiler that lasts 10+ years with minimal yearly service costs.

Not sure which brand I should go for - I am considering Viesmann because it's the only with stainless steel heat exchanger but Vaillant also looks good.

In general these are premium brands - wondering whether mid range range would cost more in the long term?

Sponsored Links
Convert it to X plan and then get the deepest modulating, CORRECT SIZED, boiler you can.

Nothing wrong with a cheaper brand with the correct specs/features and installed properly, like an Alpha.

The ecoFIT only modulates to 5kw on its smallest boiler, the Vitodens 100 is superior.

Thanks all... been attempting to figure out what king of wiring mods I need to carry out in my S-plan to make it work with a Valliant. I am disappointed that their website does not provide enough information for general public to figure it out.. so lots of guess work going on.
My pump is wired in the cupboard together with the valves and cyl stats, whilst the Boiler in downstairs in the kitchen. It seems that EcoTec only supply the pump from the boiler PCB, not from the VR66 in the airing cupboard.. but again guess work. Pulling a cable with new wiring is a challenge so I need to figure out how these boilers wiring works before calling in an installer .. in any case I want to know what I am buying.
Another issue is how to connect the Hive to EcoFit - is it possible at all?.. so much waste of time due to lack of supporting documentation...

The hive is useless and is simply an on/off control

You do not want to be installing an s plan in 2023.

Sponsored Links
Use sensocomfort with weather compensation. Installing s-plan in 2023 should be a crime.

Use sensocomfort with weather compensation. Installing s-plan in 2023 should be a crime.
I can modify the S-plan wiring by opening weather compensation circuit when HW is off. Simple way to achieve PDHW; I only use HW for 30min and CH is off when HW is on. Do not need modulation on HW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back