Viessmann 100 boiler - no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After working perfectly all day, we've suddenly lost pressure in the boiler, which is now showing zero, so the boiler has shut itself off.

We've look for a stainless steel pipe to refill the system, but cannot find one at all underneath the boiler itself.

There appears to be a yellow tap, which I assume is the gas outlet and two smaller black taps connected to a small copper pipe "loop", which could be what I need to turn. However, only one of these black taps turns. The other refuses to budge and I don't want to force it.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
the yellow tap is definately the gas so dont touch that , not sure about the other two you refer to , could you post a photo of these and we may be able to advise you better ?

Hi Ian
Thanks for your reply. We decided to try the stiff black tap again and success! It turned open and we were able to pressurise the boiler, which soon had the radiators hot again.

:)

Sponsored Links
Did it suddenly lose a lot of pressure, or was it low and just dropped to low for the boiler and cut out?

You also need to check the system pressure while the system is running and hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back