Independent C24 pressure fault F1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have tried following g instructions in previous posts for foreshadowing my C24 which has gone off this morning, showing F1, but I am u able to I understand them as written. I notice the posts are fairly old, so I'm starting this one.

My silver loop is not attached to any pipes under the boiler but is a few feet away. It has one black lever, in a horizontal tap position, which will not budge.

There are two levers under the boiler .. 1 yellow and 1 blue, both in a vertical position. I can turn the yellow one, but not the blue.

I am sure that when I had F1 previously I didn't touch the black lever (can't move it anyway) but changed settings on the dials on the front of the boiler and used the yellow lever.

Any clues please? I'm freezing!

Photos below
1. Shows loop
2. Shows distance between loop & boiler
3 and 4. Shows levers under boiler

Attachments

• P_20201201_115447.jpg
    P_20201201_115447.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 316
  • P_20201201_115431.jpg
    P_20201201_115431.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 308
  • P_20201201_115551.jpg
    P_20201201_115551.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 292
  • P_20201201_115523.jpg
    P_20201201_115523.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you need to turn the black lever on the valve at the loop 1/4 turn till the boiler pressure is between 1 and 1.5 Bar then close the valve again, dont touch the yellow or blue valves

I will try again - but this lever seems stuck in p!ace. Do I turn the electric off first, or change any of my water/CH controls first?

OK. I'm now quite embarrassed to have provided false info in my first post :(
The black lever is NOT vertical - it is horizontal in a quarter-past position. I twisted it any-clockwise to vertical - and the boiler repressurised immediately!

Thank you very very much for your advice.

Sponsored Links
1. As ianmcd says, you need to turn the black lever in photo until the handles is parallel with the pipe.
2. If it won't turn, unscrew the handle (small screw in centre top of lever) and turn the shaft of the valve, which will have flats on it, 90 degree with a spanner.
3. I can't make out from your photograph 1, but the valve beside the one with the black lever may be another isolation valve. If there is a recessed screw in the centre of the body of that valve, with a screwdriver slot in it, turn until the slot is parallel with the pipe work.
4. When finished, close the valve(s) again so that the handle / slot is at right angles to the pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back