Viessmann 200 or Valliant Ecotech plus 831:How do we choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have to replace our old boiler. Our plumber really recommends the Viessmann 200 (and that's what he is buying for his house) but I've seen some dubious comments on this site and a product recall in the US. From our experience, he seems good. I also don't know anyone who has had one. Which? recommend the Valliant Ecotech as to a number of friends through use - so we have several sources of recommendations. We have an old 4 bed house with pipes that aren't old.

I don't know what my main criteria should be and how I as a householder make that assessment.We want a good boiler, would like one set of capital expenditure and apart from the annual service, reliability together with energy efficency are key. I don't want to distrust the plumber, it's just the research I've done gives really mixed information.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sizing and choosing a combi should be done on HW delivery suitable for your needs.

I personally don't like Viessman and hate it when I get calls to service them, luckily not many in my area.

Out of the 2 I would go for the Vaillant, but before you choose have a look at the ATAG, far superior to either of them.

Apart from the odd 1 or 2 % all boilers of this standard will be about the same efficiency.

The ATAG at present, has the most efficient HE in production ;)

831 for me far better than the vito 200 we have more customers choose the 831 than the vito but thats not to say there is anything wrong with it

The ATAG at present, has the most efficient HE in production icon_wink.gif

I thought the ATAG would be at the top of the SEDBUK database due to it's ability to modulate very low and the ultra efficient HE.

Probably Sedbuk is calculated differently. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Earlier ecoTECs (eg: 36 months old) are now failing with split hoses, pressure switches and duff Wilo pumps. These have been improved on the later versions.

I don't find there is much to choose between the Vito 200 and the ecoTEC. The quality of the installer will make far more difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back