Viessmann boilers (Vitodens 300)

S

sanj.varah

hi all

just continuing with my house refurbs and its come to boiler time.

just wondering if anyone has fitted one of the Vitodens 300 system boilers? Got mine on order from PTS and was just reading through the manual. It looks fairly straight forward but was hoping I haven't missed anything.

Thanks

sanj

Sponsored Links
By all accounts a very good make of boiler, but aftersales back up can be very poor. Hopefully you won't need it

The Viessmann is a very good boiler and unlikely to fail but obviously some do. When that happens the backup seems to be quite poor and disorganised.

Obviously any gas appliance should be installed by a competent person and notified to the local Building Control.

From your apparent attitude it seems that you are not going to do that and it may give difficulties when the property is sold.

Tony

If you haven't installed a boiler before, Viessmann 300 is not the place to start.

Just working out which bits you need to order first off is a bit challenging, as you will no doubt find out. I assume it is a little 35kw one, rather than the large bodied 49/66Kw series.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies.

i have agreed with a local friendly gas man exactly what i can and can't do to get a cert for it. without going into great detail its basically the gas and the flue.

As the boiler is so expensive, if i move i think it will have to come with me!

i work for large periods of time in germany hence thats why i have my location as there.

and yes it is a 35kw one

thanks

sanj

Since you are asking about a boiler to be installed in the UK then your location is better shown as the UK.

Germany has different regulations and requirements.

As far as I am aware CORGI have not taken over Germany yet!

Tony

i have a Vitdens 300 26Kw in at my own house.
The gas train(Valve) went down on it and was still under warranty. Like others said Viessmann 1st class products but 2nd class service im afraid.

They are resonable straight forward to fit like any other boiler. Only difference is with this system boiler is the motorised valve is built in ready for pipeing up unlike other makes.

Have you got the weather compensator with the boiler too. (Vitotronic 200) as this is the little control that saves you ££££.

All in all Viessmann are top end of the Market and chances are not a lot will go wrong with it provinding it is installed correctly. ;)

Micky, if your Viessmann was repaired under warranty can you give me a detailed timescale for their response? I am going there with ARGI people shortly.

The external sensors are usually only NTCs but often cost £50-£100 whereas if you know the value you can make up your own for £5.

Tony

Agile said:
Micky, if your Viessmann was repaired under warranty can you give me a detailed timescale for their response? I am going there with ARGI people shortly.

The external sensors are usually only NTCs but often cost £50-£100 whereas if you know the value you can make up your own for £5.

Tony

that was the problem it took them approx a week to come out and repair it. And about a dozen phone calls chasing them up. If they would of sent me a gas valve i would of fit it myself but they insisted on getting an engernner out it. And it was a sub contractor who ended up coming out.
I have 2 vitodens 300 44Kw to fit in series in a working mens club next week. Just hope everything has come and i don't have to chase them up :rolleyes: as not looking forward to being messed about.

gas4you said:
Why keep fitting Veissmen then :eek:

Because i like them!
I keep hoping the company will improve there service to the same standard as there boilers.

Also there are the best products i have come across. They seem to be well ahead of most manufacutures when it comes to technology.

I think it is a matter of Viessmann HQ in germany thowing products into UK where the UK HQ can't deal with the work load.

They are growing very fast in UK. I have been down to Telford HQ a couple of times and it seems to me the engerneers are still in the process of learning.

Can't fault your loyalty, but surely they should have trained their engineers before selling their product to market :eek:

Another case of German arrogance I think

Their problem is the same as the rest of the gas industry. Recruiting sensible, knowledgable and reliable staff is very very difficult. But they are starting from 0.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back