Viessmann boilers (Vitodens 300)

gas4you said:
Can't fault your loyalty, but surely they should have trained their engineers before selling their product to market :eek:

Another case of German arrogance I think

The staff are trained! Probably more trained than other companies. I mean most other manufactures copy technology from the likes of Viessmann.
But you might ring up about a solar heating problem and talk to a man who is clued up on heat pumps.
So they all have there areas. I mean i went on there solar course and there vitodens 200 & 300 course. 1 bloke taught us on 1 course then another bloke taught us on the other. And at the same time as teaching outside installers on the courses they also is some other Viessmann staff sitting in picking it up bit by bit.

Don't get me wrong they know the stuff but just need to speach to right person.

The staff i:e engerneers and technicans are ex , Baxi , Vaillant etc usual stuff so they are coming from manufactures that only copy compaines like Viessmann so they have to catch upto Viessmann's technology as they have been lagging behind with other companies for years.

Sponsored Links
hi, it came today. with a vitotronic 200 i think and a vitrol 300. I think the vitorol goes in the boiler and the vitotronic is the remote unit that runs on the KM bus.

I have fitted a few boilers in the past but this one looks like nothing else!

sanj.varah said:
hi, it came today. with a vitotronic 200 i think and a vitrol 300. I think the vitorol goes in the boiler and the vitotronic is the remote unit that runs on the KM bus.

I have fitted a few boilers in the past but this one looks like nothing else!
The vitoronic 200 fits inside the boiler and the Vitotrol 300 is the remote programable room stat that you might fir in your kitchen or hallway, lounge etc. The vitotrol 300 is connected back to the boiler via the KM bus lead.
Good piece of kit you have there pal. ;)

thanks for that micky P! I will post back here once i've got on.

just looking through all the stuff thats come with it, all the installation instructions are in german! oh well. does look quite comprehensive though.

Sponsored Links
sanj.varah said:
thanks for that micky P! I will post back here once i've got on.

just looking through all the stuff thats come with it, all the installation instructions are in german! oh well. does look quite comprehensive though.

i have a simular problem with all this Viessmann gear i had delivered on Friday.
If you contact them they will send you some English instructions out.

I'm going to contact them tomorrow regarding some English instructions for the Vitotrol 200 remote stat.

which intructions are you after in english.
i could e mail you some for the vitodens 300 installation and service.

hi micky,

I speak german, although its not completely fluent yet, still have to reach for the dictionary occasionally so its not a problem.

I got a stat with the vitotronic, i couldn't tell if it was the room stat or the outside stat as it its not marked lol!. i will measure the resistance while i heat it with a hairdryer or put it in the freezer!

sanj

sanj.varah said:
hi micky,

I speak german, although its not completely fluent yet, still have to reach for the dictionary occasionally so its not a problem.

I got a stat with the vitotronic, i couldn't tell if it was the room stat or the outside stat as it its not marked lol!. i will measure the resistance while i heat it with a hairdryer or put it in the freezer!

sanj
the ouside stat is a plain white box which is water proof.
You whould of got one with it.

We have an 18 month old Viessmann Vitodens 200 boiler in our home. The gas valve failed, and it took Viessmann almost 6 full days to get us a new valve. This, in the middle of a northern U.S. winter with temps of 5F outdoors. Our HVAC guy was right on top of the problem, and Viessmann corporate knew we had a failed valve just 12 hours after the failure. The company and its dealer network are incompetent when it comes to parts and service and having any respect or concern at all for the end customer. All Viessmann wants to do is sell expensive boilers! To add insult to injury, I had to pay for the valve ... so much for their 5 year warranty. To read the whole story, just google "i hate viessmann". Anyone else have Viessmann nightmares?

Can't fault your loyalty, but surely they should have trained their engineers before selling their product to market :eek:

Another case of German arrogance I think

Don't know how far you go back g4u, but when I worked on very early Vaillant Combis in late 70's they had no UK back up or even UK office just an importer and some spares.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back