Viessmann extended warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I recently had a vitodens 100 installed and have the option to take out the additional 5 year warranty for £225. Making it covered for 10 year.

Anybody have experience of these types of warranties etc?

Sponsored Links
is it Viessmann that offer it, or someone else?

sounds like a good deal, though I presume you will be required to have the annual services carried out by one of their approved people. Depending where you are, there may not be one locally.

I have a Vitodens, and I bought it in the expectation that the stainless steel heat exchanger and general build quality would make it reliable.

I did have a warranty claim on mine as it was the older model with a flap by the fan (I understand this has been corrected on the current model). The service seemed good.

offered by veissmann and yeah i have to have it serviced by one of there trained installers. The guy that installed it is one of these so he will service it for me.

I always have the feeling with warranties etc they will try their best to get out of paying for anything. Were they straight with your claim or did you have a battle about it?

no trouble at all.

I am sure they were aware that the part was one that was not good.

Sponsored Links
offered by veissmann and yeah i have to have it serviced by one of there trained installers. The guy that installed it is one of these so he will service it for me.

Or if you lived close by then I could service it !

I am not 100% sure that they do insist on their trained engineers though.

Would expect that BG would be accepted too. Not that they do a very comprehensive service though.

Tony

the belief in many boiler manufacturers is that in the Uk we change houses so frequently that its not even worth producing a boiler that lasts.

So if you can really say that you are going to be there in ten years, it may be of interest. If you are unsure make sure it is transferrable to the new owners.

FWIW correctly installed AND used there is no reason why these boilers should not do 10 years with out a warranty!

Beware of incorrectly using your boiler!

As a bicycle, perhaps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back