Viessmann Vitodens 100 with Stanton Prem + 300 Litre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have completely stripped out my house and was talked into buying the above system by my Corgi engineer and the Plumbing shop keeper. It was 2200 quid with whole house pipe work and installation was 1400 plus 400 for rad's in whole house.
The Stanton cylinder is in a cupboard in my daughters bedroom upstairs (old cylinder was in this room too) and the Vitoden 100 is in a kitchen cupboard downstairs.

The engineer fitted in late November last year and I have had to have him back 3 times to (1, stop water coming constantly from overflow pipe which comes out onto my drive at the side of the semi detached house) (2, to change a pipe he did not change during installation that started to leak) (3, to refill boiler that started flashing "reset" and had no pressure, I have since learnt how to do this and have had to do it twice more myself, it has happened when I have turned the wall control down past 16 for a period on more than 4 of 5 hours).

He is coming back again this week as I have discovered that if I turn the heating control down past 19 it clicks the Vitoden off and the rad's go stone cold. If I move to 19 + it clicks on and the Rad's go to full temp. I cannot get a happy medium, the house is very hot or cold. Also one Rad only gets warm.

I have a very nosy next door neighbour and she has twice now said to me that the outlet for the Vitoden for releasing fumes (which is in the drive between our two houses) is constantly releasing steam. She is correct about this, no matter what the weather is outside you can see lots of steam when the Vitoden is running. The weather is pretty mild and I cannot see my own breath yet this outlet seems to pump out steam constantly at an alarming rate! I was wondering if this is correct? And do you think I should have concerns about this whole job. I am slightly worried.

Sponsored Links
is is very normal for a condensing boiler to emit steam from the flue outlet. This should of been taken into consideration when deciding where to terminate the flue. If it is emitting steam into your next door neighbours property then this is really not good practice. Some other manufactures have a plume kit that can be fitted to the outside terminal and it diverts the fumes upwards and away to try and avoid this.

As for the adjusting the heating control the idea is you leave them set a certain temp ie: 21 deg C if a lounge and let the control do the work. It is very difficult to see the job from here but the installer should of explained everything that you need to know at the beginning.

As for only 1 rad working then it is best to see if the installer can come and sort it out really

Micky, thanks for quick response. I thought it was normal (the steam thing) and it is not effecting her house, she is older so has prob not seen anything like it before. I will explain it is a condenser boiler and it is normal and GOOD for enviroment.

It is the small heating control in the passage that when you switch below 19 switches rad's off and above 19 switches them on. They are all the same temp (HOT) he has not put controls onto each individual Rad. I suppose concidering what I have paid should of had controls on each Rad? If I did have on each Rad would that mean that if I leave heating on at say 21 constantly I could just adjust Rad's to temp I want in each room and this would cost me the same amount as turning the whole system to 18? Via wall control.

Only one Rad does not get prop hot. Only warm. I suppose this needs bleeding?

Sponsored Links
Each radiator should have a thermostatic valve on it under the Building Regulations. I would suggest you ask your installer why he has not fitted them.

Are you quite sure he really is CORGI registered? Have you checked his CORGI number on their web site?

Has he filled in the Benchmark Certificate including his CORGI number?

Lastly has he notified CORGI and have they sent you a letter certificate confirming you system is properly installed in accordance with the regulations?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back