Viessmann vs Intergas vs Atag

a standard pump is standard.

You don't have a standard pump in the Intergas. Your Sunday B&Q pump change can only be achieved by changing the head. Grundfos head doesn't fit Wilo body. It's a Wilo on the Intergas. I've seen one, you haven't.

You could of course do your Sunday bit by getting a Wilo head, so why make yourself seem an idiot by trying to maintain a standard Grundfos will do?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I am missing something here?

This Intergas boiler is being described as 'the second coming' on the forum.

But the design is in principle similar to the old Ferroli dual heat exchanger. Or the now discontinued Worcester i series... I could go on and list a fair few others too.

My limited exposure tO this product has led me to the conclusion that it was above all cheap to make. I can't see where it moves the game forward - it has all been done already.

Perhaps it will turn out to be remarkable. But neither the Ferroli, the Bosch or any of the other similar designs has proven to be anything special. One thing I think we can all agree on, is the durability of Wilo's domestic pumps in UK water.

yes simond, it is the second coming. :D

the intergas shares in basic idea of the boilers listed but takes it forward. the heat exchanger is a million miles away form the ones listed.

were other manufactures are lumped with putting silly(and expensive) Passive Flue Gas Heat Recovery units on the top on top of their boilers. intergas condensates fully on hot water by the virtue of heat exchanger.

so it more efficient than the average condensing combi, does so using fewer parts over all and with only 4 of them moving.

and add to that i can take the combi and use it as a:
open vented heat only boiler
open vented combi boiler
system boiler
water heater(with not a drop of water in the ch side)
or just a plain old combi...

not saying it perfect for every install but it is for 90% of my ones.

also about the pump, intergas does not fanny about with the impeller like other manufacturers do, so a off the self wilo pump head will fit.

Sponsored Links
also about the pump, intergas does not **** about with the impeller like other manufacturers do, so a off the self wilo pump head will fit.

A 1" Grundfos, or any other, will do. They are dedicated to the boiler pumps. Some here find that hard to understand.

yes simond, it is the second coming. :D

the intergas shares in basic idea of the boilers listed but takes it forward. the heat exchanger is a million miles away form the ones listed.

The back panel is the heat exchanger making best use of the space. Everything is a doddle to get at.

were other manufactures are lumped with putting silly(and expensive) Passive Flue Gas Heat Recovery units on the top on top of their boilers. intergas condensates fully on hot water by the virtue of heat exchanger.

The Gassaver on the ATAG works well, giving the highest efficiency on DHW.. One could be put on the Intergas, and the boiler has the space for one.

so it more efficient than the average condensing combi, does so using fewer parts over all and with only 4 of them moving.

It is the most reliable combi around. 4 moving parts says that.

and add to that i can take the combi and use it as a:
open vented heat only boiler
open vented combi boiler
system boiler
water heater(with not a drop of water in the ch side)
or just a plain old combi...

It is about the only combi that can be used open vented. Most others can be, as they sue d the same heat exchanger on the combi and OV models. The makes say do not do it.

not saying it perfect for every install but it is for 90% of my ones.

It would be nice if they had a model that did more than 13 litres/min in flow rate.

the design is in principle similar to the old Ferroli dual heat exchanger. Or the now discontinued Worcester i series... I could go on and list a fair few others too.

It does differ slightly in that the Intergas is not tube in tube as Ferroli etc.. The 2 circuits are totally separate and consist of no more than copper coils fused into an alloy block. Scale of sitting DHW in CH mode could still be a problem, though max CH temps are fully controllable.

Back to the beginning! I have, in fact, settled on the Atag. The pros & cons discussed above seem to have been mainly in respect of the various combi offerings, whereas my need was for a system boiler.

I settled on the Atag as this was the best solution for my situation, which is that the boiler is sited in a cellar, the flue route being such that neither Weissmann, nor Intergas, technical depts could suggest a suitable flue system, largely due to theirs being only of concentric configuration. Atag have provided a separate inlet and exhaust system, the inlet offering the option of drawing air from the cellar (via an inlet filter), which although well fitted with vents, tends not to have much air movement. The air consumption thus acting as forced ventilation as well.

Each of the companies' technical depts were extremely helpful, as were the comments of the various contributors on this site.

Very many thanks to you all.

All of the advantages would have been equally applicable for the system boiler.

Because of the problem flue route your installer suggested the Keston. Now we see that was not bad advice. Pity about the boiler though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back