Viessmann Warranty!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've installed a few Viessmann boilers, as replacements for older Vaillant models. This is due to the build quality of the Vaillant Ecotec range. The Viessmann seemed to tick all the boxes, and looked like a dream to work on too (from an engineers perspective).
Also the 5yr warranty was a real bonus, and a great selling point. However........... The dreaded phone call from a new boiler install ensued, and we contacted Viessmann to get the problem fixed under the warranty.
We were asked for the warranty registration details, and even though we'd registered by post, AND online, they had no records!
Then, we were told there was no way they would give us day when they could call, let alone an AM or PM time slot!
After 2hrs of phone calls and threats, EVENTUALLY we were told the service engineer would ring us if and when he was available to call... Great! no help at ALL!
When they did arrive, we had a 19yr old 'kid' turn up, in trainers, jogging bottoms and a filthy sweatshirt! no ID, no indication or livery on the vehicle, and no tools!
After explaining the problem (on/off switch broken) he then informed us we'd overheated the boiler. So, how did we manage that, when we can't turn the boiler on? Next, we'd wired up the pump incorrectly, then, there was no power to the boiler! so we explained how a programmer works to him.... Oh, and what switched live is!
We then 'lent' him some tools so he could test for power, and look in the boiler....
Eventually, he admitted, he didn't know anything about boilers, and phoned his boss. This went on for a few hours, until we ended up with 4 'plumbers' and a lad in the kitchen, and still no boiler operation.
We asked for a new PCB and control knob, and offered to repair the boiler for them, only to be told that they don't carry any spares!
The boss said he might have a PCB at home, and disappeared for 3hrs. He came back with a board, but asked to borrow our tools to change it (test meter).
On completion, the boiler worked. However, at no point did he check or commission the parts, nor analyse the combustion (no analyser, no tools), nor was any paperwork left on site...
So, my questions are:
Why are Viessmann subbing out work to 'plumbers' with no boiler training?
Why aren't these plumbers carrying spares?
Why aren't they wearing ID or some indication they're from Viessmann?
Why can't the service department book a warranty call over the phone?
Why aren't the subcontactors using tools? other than the Viessmann 'free' toolkit?
AND WHY HAVEN'T VIESSMANN GOT THEIR OWN ENGINEERS?
We will no longer be installing Viessmanns, as the whole process was absolutely appalling. The 5yr warranty appears to be a gimmick to entice sales, but worthless in reality....
I'd be interested in any comments?

Sponsored Links
Interesting.
Are you GSR registered in your own right yourself? What is the url for your own website?

Yes, I'm registered, unfortunately!, and an ex-corgi inspector!

Excellent site Mark - if I had a Vaillant and lived in London I'd certainly be giving you a call if I needed the boiler sorting out!

Sponsored Links
Viessmann do use some subcontractors and I guess when this happens you can be unlucky.

However, we have found Viessmann's customer service on our installed base to be generally ok. Usually next day service, occasionally same day, customers have made positive comments.

I also have to claim a different experience with the ecoTEC range of Vaillant boilers. Yes, over the past 6 years there have been problems with pumps, pressure transducers and rubber hoses. But all of these have been changed or modified now. It is fair to call the UK office operation cr*p, because the company seems to be in the control of amateurs, but the German HQ is good, and that where the ecoTEC 6, 8 and 9 series comes from.

I find it rather strange that you set your web site up with the Vaillant name and then rubbish the company here. If anybody is awake at Vaillant UK (unlikely :rolleyes: ) you better hope they aren't reading your post.

I take your point, and being well aquianted with Vaillants for some years, I know the new Ecotec intimately, and also know that they are considerably less 'robust' shall we say, than any previous models. But from a repair perspective, with approx 6 or 7 different pumps, several different fans, and numerous variations on gas valves and air intakes, combined with a multitude of component defects, leaves me thinking there's got to be something better out there? and we won't mention the Wilo/Grunfos fiasco!
Hence, trying another!
Is there a boiler out there that will run for more than 2 years without failing?
And is there a boiler manufacturer that actually has some pride in it's service department?

A very good web site Mark!
Do you do many jobs outside of the m25?

Mr. W.

I take your point, and being well aquianted with Vaillants for some years, I know the new Ecotec intimately, and also know that they are considerably less 'robust' shall we say, than any previous models. But from a repair perspective, with approx 6 or 7 different pumps, several different fans, and numerous variations on gas valves and air intakes, combined with a multitude of component defects, leaves me thinking there's got to be something better out there? and we won't mention the Wilo/Grunfos fiasco!
Hence, Viessmann!
Is there a boiler out there that will run for more than 2 years without failing?
And is there a boiler manufacturer that actually has some pride in it's service department?

Go in the Combustion chamber everyones seems in favour of one particular manufacturer lots of posts on them no glitches been revealed yet !

This is the exact reason I don't install any boiler that uses service agents unless I am said service agent ! Its a total lottery what will turn up on the customers doorstep.

Mr.W.
Yes I do, mainly Essex and Kent, but I do travel up to Herts, and north london a lot. Especially at weekends.

Gasbanni and *** Army...
Posted my first post here today, and I'm impressed with the new company I'm keeping. I did enter the details for the combustion chamber, and I'm waiting for the response.
Lets hope AC Milan aren't as good as Blackpool for the return leg!
Glad I was working Tues night, heartbreaking!

Thats a very nice web site Mark and has all the customer service expectations, well done.

But if thats a fixed price repair just how can you do it at that price if it included spare parts?

If not then your site IS confusing. Better to reply about it in the CC. Look forward to seeing you there!

Back to the Viessmann! I have expereince of one service agent in NW London and he is good, has the spares and test equipment, and comes quickly and gives his direct contact details.

My view is that service agents are the way to go because they come quicker than staff engineers.

Where is MM when he is wanted? Keeping his head down perhaps?

Tony

Gasbanni and *** Army...
Posted my first post here today, and I'm impressed with the new company I'm keeping. I did enter the details for the combustion chamber, and I'm waiting for the response.
Lets hope AC Milan aren't as good as Blackpool for the return leg!
Glad I was working Tues night, heartbreaking!

See you in there ! best Forum on the net for RGI's

My view is that service agents are the way to go because they come quicker than staff engineers.

I called Glowworm today at 2pm for a warranty call, they answered the phone immediately, and are sending an engineer tomorrow. Can't see that can be improved by much, especially in a semi-rural area as it is. I'm told by the local engineer who took my job, that Group Service are looking to get next day calls over 80% including weekends by sept. Which unfortunately for Group Service guys may mean a change to shift patterns and the addition of Sundays. But its good news for installers and customers.

AND WHY HAVEN'T VIESSMANN GOT THEIR OWN ENGINEERS?

I'd be interested in any comments?

I'd suggest you ring Viessmann, advise them that the service received was carp, that you could do better, and offer your services in the hope of mutual benefit. Seriously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back