Viessmann WB2B - WB2C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the difference between the WB2B and the WB2C.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Revamped controls - there's not much to choose otherwise.

The WB2C is priced to make weather compensation more attractive, and it can control 2 mixed zones.

Make sure you get the correct controls with whichever you choose.

At the show the little German fellow said that the new one is nicer to look at!

I immediately asked how one could be sure of buying the correct W/C unit and in a very Germanic way he just replied " Thats just vill not happen!"

I was left thinking that they may be planning to immediately withdraw the earlier unit from the market place making it difficult to upgrade earlier boilers.

Tony

Boo hoo spend the last 3 weeks researching boilers every day and decided on the W200 and still didn't catch on to the WB2C so ended up with the WB2B even after all my research.

So question is have I lost out big style financially as I want to upgrade the WB2B controls to weather comp.

Combi swap cost was £1550.

Sponsored Links
My understanding was that the WB2C has superceeded the WB2B.

Now this is where it starts to get confusing! The German fellow told me that the W/C controller is still called the Vitotronic 200.

Now what he did not tell me was how to get the right one for the old or new boilers.

The old one was about £170 but M/S Man tells us the new one is under £50.

Of course perhaps they have increased the boiler prices by £120 so the combined price is not any different?

Tony

Tony, you are such an old cynic!

The old 200 was sold with a constant temp controller with timer. You then had to buy the weather comp and discard the constant temp controller.

The new 200 is sold with the option of buying one or the other; the weather comp is only £39 more than the constant temp - and you don't need even a room 'stat. Thus the new 200 with weather comp is cheaper than the old 200 with weather comp, the constant temp model being the same price.

As far as actual use and performance is concerned, there is no real difference between the old and new versions. The controls are presented differently, that's all.

Most of the relevant controls for the new version have an A suffix, thus the weather comp controller is now Vitotronic 200 type HO1A.

Is there any market for disguarded constant temperature controllers?

I already have one and you can have it at a 50% discount on your sale price!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back