Viewssmann Installer Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Viessmann are unable to give me any details of any local installers until "some time in January". It us apparently "being updated" and no one can give me any information whatsoever! I can't believe this! I am on the verge of buying one of their boilers because of high recommendations and have been given the name of someone but wanted to check that they are on their list - I fully understand that the 5 year warranty only stands if it has been installed properly and have read of bad experiences.

Sponsored Links
Not very good customer service, what if you wanted a service call after the boilers fitted would it be the same? I contacted the rep 2 months ago still hasnt got back to me

Have a worcester roughly same price, they have there recommended installers on there web site, you get 5 years gurantee and 10 years on heat exchanger, + Worcesters customer service is brilliant. :D

Am in Manchester. Have to make decision tomorrow - present boiler blown up 4 times in 5 weeks and it's no joke. The Viessmann installer didn't come today anyway as he said he would (and this isn't the first time he hasn't got here) - although to be fair the weather is awful and he's probably dealing with emergencies. Anyway ... am going to go with WB and a firm recommended by a couple of people. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Its good to see that some one happy :eek: after installing worcester's since the 9.24 onwards i would'nt install another one, But thats just my opinion.

Is Sharon really getting a boiler fitted before Christmas? ( So needs to make a decision now! )

I dont see what her difficulty is. The Installer has told her that he is an approved installer and can obtain the 5 year warrantee.

His installation contract will state the warrantee period so Sharon does not have any problem.

In any case pestering the switchboard at Viessmann should give the person responsible for updating the list.

I think she has made a bad choice of boiler if she has decided on a Worcester for no good reason other than that she cannot "check" the approved status of the installer!

Tony

If its a choice between Worcestor or Viessman , I would advise fit the Veissman , it has a stainless steel heat exc' , Stewart Purchase the previus M.D of Veissman informed me that they have never had a heat exc' failure due to condensate flue gas corrosion , in my view stay well clear of any boiler with alloy heat exc's .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back