CHS needed in Glasgow. Where to find the right installer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I'm renovating a flat in which I will live one day soon (haha!) and want to get a CHS installed.

The two recommended installers I've been given by friends are both busy and unable to take on the work at the moment.

I was given a third recommendation and the guy who came out measured up and never came back!

Where's the best place to find someone who can do this work?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
There are a few members on here that are Glasgow lads and they may be able to help you out, another way is if you have a boiler manufacturer in mind then call them and ask who they recommend, they will give you a list of approved installers in your area

Thank you Sir!

Hadn't thought about the boiler-sided approach so I'll look into that tonight.

Feel free to weigh into the discussion here. I can do with some help.

Boiler Selection

What are the recommended crop of combi's for a small flat. I'm keen to have something quiet too. A good friend had a Vokera fitted last year and it's like a boiling kettle going off every five minutes.

Full or partial Install

I'm strapped for cash and doing just about everything else in the flat myself. Is there an option for me to buy and fit the radiators (after calculations etc) or must the entire job be performed by a single company to fulfil the warranty for the boiler. I am not that skint but must spend wisely to allow me to purchase some rudimentary furniture, etc, after I move it. (Also there's the housewarming where RichardThe3rd is expecting a feast of new-age substances!)

You have made a few points there

If a new condensing boiler is noisy it is not set up correctly or it is installed incorrectly.

there are a few good boilers but you seem to be looking a price only so I will suggest what to stay away from:
Ferolli and ariston

Nothing to stop you running pipework and radiators etc yourself but that is where your problem lies.

Very few reputable installers will work on this basis, that is why everyone that has been recommended to you is busy.

Unfortunately in a few years time you will wish you had employed a DECENT professional to carry out all the work, as you will go with the cheapest quote and it wont work out cheaper in the long run,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify something.

I haven't actually had any discussions with the two heating engineers who were busy. And the third one was given a clean slate and told that quality and quietness were important factors. I didn't ask about my completing some of the work myself. He just didn't return with his price and doesn't answer his phone.

I'm not hell-bent on doing any of the work myself so not just "after a price." But economy is always a factor and I must consider all the options. Thanks for your thoughts about it though. I can see where you're coming from.

Thanks for your input about the boilers to avoid. Much appreciated!

As you are looking for an installer in Glasgow I would look at Vokera (forget that you know someone with a noisy one that isnt the manufacturers fault) Vokera have a base in Maryhill so will know the installers well, or Vaillant and Glow-worm who have a new base at Euro central just outside Glasgow, you can however use any boiler manufacturer and they will have coverage in Glasgow should you need them, but in my experience if the manu is on your doorstep you have a door to chap if you are not getting the service you expect rather than being stuck on the end of a phone all the time should a problem arise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back