Villeroy and Bosch WC not flushing waste away?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help?

I have a low level V&B WC self installed about 5 years ago and for some months the toilet won't flush the waste matter away and needs either additional flushes or it has to be pushed down and away. Also sometimes after a flush and the Cistern empties, it won't fill up and the water runs continuously in the bowl and I stop it by fiddling with the top buttons. Are these related but the most annoying is not taking the waste product away. Can't say it was like this at the start otherwise we would have noticed. Is it not creating enough pressure somewhere to take it away? Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
It may be that the water level in the cistern isn't high enough, you can regulate this on the fill valve.

I've never tested this, but
the WC drain is designed to carry away a certain number of liters/gallons per minute.
This can be tested by running water into the WC at a known flow rate and this flow should be continued for some time to fill the pipe that is upstream of a blockage, if there is a blockage. You want to find the point at which outgoing water = incoming water.
If you know the pipe size you can estimate how many liters/gallons it takes to fill an empty pipe, assuming that a blockage is at your property line.

As already suggested check the water level. It may be that there is some dirt in the inlet fill valve and it may just be trickling through and therefore if flushed the cistern will not be up to capacity for a full flush. Check the washer as it may need changing or just put a new inlet valve in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. No the water level is fine when the cistern fills up to just below the overflow. I'm wondering if the bottom flapper seal is leaking and if so would this affect the suction pull through of the waste? I can't think our stools are twice the size they used to be lol. But something is happening that isn't normal. Cheers guys anyway.

does it have a flapper, or does it have a syphon?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back