Vinyl floor fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
The vinyl floor in the kitchen of my cafe is ripped in several places.
I've taken a picture of it and you can find it in my album called 'floor'.
I know I can use an adhesive to secure the vinyl to the surface but what can I use to fill in the gap?

Sponsored Links
I found something about a liquid seam sealer online but when I'm trying to look for it on screwfix website it doesn't give me any results...

I found something about a liquid seam sealer online but when I'm trying to look for it on screwfix website it doesn't give me any results...

Is it a vinyl, LVT, linoleum or contract/safety floor flooring?

All will need different remedies, in a commercial premises, building regs would state that the flooring in kitchen areas must be commercial contract safety flooring, not domestic vinyl. For retail areas, the same or contract LVT would be strongly advisable.

Sponsored Links
Repaired loads like that over the years.
You need a floorlayer to come out match the vinyl up to find out what it is.
Will be polysafe or something similar. Then cut either side of the joint about 6 inches then put a new peice in and hot weld the joints.

At a guess I'd say its polysafe standard and colour ash grey or silver birch.

It is a commercial contract safety flooring.
I know that I could just hire a company to do it but I would like to save some money and learn how to do it for the future.

Well you need to buy a weld gun kit, weld, adhesive, a2 notched trowel, knife with concave blade.

Go on a course at Polyflor in Manchester which are good prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back