vinyl floor in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently laid a new good quality vinyl floor in kitchen and it appears to be what are large air bubbles under the vinyl which i cant get rid of you press it down or move it and comes back in the same place was nice and flat when it was put down and was taped down at edges and in the centres but cant understand why it has appeared

Sponsored Links
it either needs further trimming (likely)

or is a faulty piece of vinyl (un -likely)

....in either case you need to contact your supplier/fitter

We had the same thing happened to our kitchen vinyl floor. Unfortunately, my hubby had to pulled most of it off and had a fitter come to help. Ours was caused by water damage from dishwasher. I hope yours isn't that bad.

Romona,
Publisher(kitchencarts360.com)

Did the fitter check the moisture leval with a hydrometer before he laid it.

It could be the vinyl sucking moisture up from underneath then sweating.

Is your sub floor wood or concrete.

Sponsored Links
its a concrete floor its in my house i laid it myself i didnt check for moisture etc would there need to be much moisture for it to go like this because the radiator about 1 metre away was dripping but not a lot

Blimey :rolleyes:

of course moisture makes a difference! (you did not mention this initially)

cancel my initial advice and worry about the scenario described by Romona

there is an almost certain chance that you have damaged your vinyl beyond repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back