Vinyl floor stain remover?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My aunt passed away so I've had the task of cleaning her nicotine stained conservatory.
I've attached a photo of the vinyl flooring. She had a rug partly on the floor and you can see a huge yellow imprint left by the rug.

I just don't understand how this is so bad. The rug is patterned but not yellow so how can it be this colour and I've tried everything to remove it.

What can it be? Is their anything that will remove it? Thanks
Screenshot_20230607_221027_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nicotine absorbed by soft furnishings and carpets which transfer to floor .Buy a bigger rug.

Seriously? Yuck!! Bungalow was built in 1947. I'll just freshen wall and skirting board and leave the flooring on uncovered. It took me 8 hours to clean the inside (pvc, windows, ceiling and flooring). So it's at least clean. Hiding the stain will just be obvious and deceptive. What else would I be hiding. The bungalow needs updating anyway. As long as the structure is sound.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back