Vinyl tilie floor preparation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have spent all day nailing 6mm ply to the bathroom floor ready for Karndean tiles to go on top. The nail heads are flush (well very nearly) but of course there are a few gaps between the sheets.

I would appreciate any thoughts on:

1) - Can I get away with these gaps or do I need a 'feather finish compound'? Bit confused as some instructions say to leave a 1/16" gap between boards for expansion and others say to fill gaps. Cannot find any mention of this feather finish compound on the web so if i neednit where is the best place to buy it from?

2) - Should I bother to prime ply with pva, is there a better product or can the tiles go straight onto the wood?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Definitely fill the gaps with some feather edge or you will have the tiles splitting on all the board joints. You'll need to find a local flooring distributors for the feather edge as it's not the kind of thing a diy store will carry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back