Alternative to feather finishing ply before laying Vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am putting in a new flooring in my bathroom. I have nailed down 6mm ply and there are some gaps between a few of the boards.

I have read that I should fill these gaps with a feather finish compound before laying my vinyl flooring. Is this correct or will it not make much difference on the finish?

If I do, do I just fill the gaps between boards or cover the whole boards (i.e. similar to tanking a wall) to cover the nails (I am assuming not as this would make getting the ply up at a future date a messy job).

What and where to get the product. the only one I have found on the net is by Ardex and is £45 a bag. Is there any cheaper alternatives and can I just use some sort of wood filling glue? Thanks

Sponsored Links
you dont need feather finish for laminate, only vinyl floorings like karndean. And yes you cover the nail heads with it if thats the case, and no there is not really any cheaper products.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back