vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to put flooring in the kitchen. I wantvinyl down but im not sure which one to put down. I have two choices vinyl planks or vinyl sheets. Which one is more durable and better out of the two. If i put down the planks with it having thin gaps if i mop the floor would it start to peel off over time due to the moisture? The vinyl planks I have seen is made by karndean. Please help

Sponsored Links
Have a look at armstrong stuff (http://www.armstrong-flooring.co.uk/commflreu/en-gb/)
Probably one of the best on the market, and i know their wooden look ones do actually have the look and feel of real wood as we have some at home

Having used vinyl tile, let me give this advice. Don't use them anyplace where there will be moisture. The moisture from wet feet, mopping, etc. goes down the cracks around the tiles and soaks into the wood floor under it. With time, the floor swells and you have an uneven floor.

I suggest for areas that will be mopped or exposed to moisture, the use of Linoleum or ceramic tile. There isn't a thin crack around them for water to go down and soak into the floor. (ceramic tile has water proof grout filling the cracks)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back