Virgin Media

I cannot speak for dane, but I can comment from my PoV.

As someone who had a massive battle with alcohol, it would not have been helpful to be told "just cut down and you will be able to afford whatever..."

Deep down, I knew that already, but I was fighting this addictive vicious circle of drinking to try and cope with things, only for it to make things massively worse. I felt like I was stuck in this never ending situation and couldn't break out of it.

As for "a beer to celebrate", that's not funny.

Give the guy a break.
personally I think Danechip is a top guy for having the balls to be open about it on a forum

Sponsored Links

As someone who had a massive battle with alcohol, it would not have been helpful to be told "just cut down and you will be able to afford whatever..."

Deep down, I knew that already, but I was fighting this addictive vicious circle of drinking to try and cope with things, only for it to make things massively worse. I felt like I was stuck in this never ending situation and couldn't break out of it.

Give the guy a break.

Give the guy a break.
Sometimes you just need to face the truth instead of drinking more and making it worse. In the case of an alcoholic the truth is that you are drinking too much and you need to cut down.
That's fact not opinion.
And facing the facts is a lot more helpful than having another drink.

Virgin are one of the worst broadband providers on the market - TalkTalk are the worst.
Go to a price comparison website and check up on current offers from other providers to find something affordable.
Simples.
Do you mean on price, quality of service or both? I've been with Virgin since the Telewest days across 3 different properties and can honestly say in all those years I would probably count the number of significant outages (e.g. a few hours plus) at <10.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean on price, quality of service or both? I've been with Virgin since the Telewest days across 3 different properties and can honestly say in all those years I would probably count the number of significant outages (e.g. a few hours plus) at <10.

fair enough, i know someone who uses Virgin and is happy with them.

On balance, i won't use them because of reports like this on on the BBC website.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1TZg5TYJVXwNp5QZd2pdZQm/best-or-worst-home-broadband

Never had any broadband problems with Plusnet, and been with them a long time, since when Tiscali finished.

Will agree with others too. Always use Gmail, Hotmail, etc - not the broadband co's own email. When you change providers, bang goes your email address.

I have a GMail address and an address based on my company website. It's still hosted by Plusnet (originally freenetname, then taken over by madasafish, then taken over by Plusnet), but I moved to BT earlier this year.

Had endless issues with Plusnet with WiFi dropping out, then there was that nationwide email fiasco. Told there was no compo available as they offer it for free.

But that's not strictly true, consumers have protection for products or services offered or given for free.

I pay approx. £75 monthly for decent speed broadband (can't be ar5ed to check the actual 'up to' speed) the middle tv package and free landline calls evenings and weekends. As I often WFH, I find this to be reasonable VFM due to using broadband all day/evening and the telly on in the background all day/evening.

On our estate Facebook page, I've lost count of the posts complaining about virgin broadband being down/not working/running slow again. Although we once had cable many years ago (NTL?) and have all the connections, I'd never consider them. Currently I have Vodafone broadband. I get just over 50 down and 15 up which is more than enough for us. I bought it through TopCashback and it costs us £18.17 per month. Don't have any call package as always use mobile with unlimited minutes.

On our estate Facebook page, I've lost count of the posts complaining about virgin broadband being down/not working/running slow again. Although we once had cable many years ago (NTL?) and have all the connections, I'd never consider them. Currently I have Vodafone broadband. I get just over 50 down and 15 up which is more than enough for us. I bought it through TopCashback and it costs us £18.17 per month. Don't have any call package as always use mobile with unlimited minutes.
Not saying this is the way it should be, however I think it's luck of the draw to an extent. Some people will live in areas with more outages, some less.

Person A: I'd never buy a Zanussi washing machine again, had 2 and both were sh1t.
Person B: We bought one 15 years ago, it's still going ...

Sponsored Links
Back