Virgin Media

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again all, your good alcoholic here.

Today i received a letter telling my contract runs out 31 May and my 'introduction period' has expired, therefore £37.99 becomes £64.49 ??

Can't get a hold of India so what options do I have.

My first is go go gadget fk yourself. I can tether very slowly from 3 mobile at crawling speeds.

2nd. Stick it someone else's name

3rd. Get a life and read books.

Any suggestions?

Dan.

Sponsored Links

Today i received a letter telling my contract runs out 31 May and my 'introduction period' has expired, therefore £37.99 becomes £64.49 ??

My first is go go gadget fk yourself. I can tether very slowly from 3 mobile at crawling speeds.

Any suggestions?

Dan.
Leave, then sign back up.

Just tell them you are leaving because you can't afford their increase. They normally offer to do you a deal at discounted rates.

Sponsored Links
they’ll find you a deal for the same price if you phone them. or you can do it online on your app/account.

Any suggestions?

Dan.
Cut down on the alcohol. A few bottles of cider less per month and you will be able to afford the Internet again

As already suggested tell them your leaving unless they can find you a better deal. Works for my daughter every time.

Move.
I'm only with Virgin because partner won't change email address. The price you were quoted is the minimum. They budge the price a few quid for a short time, if at all.

Today their broadband stopped about 6 times and they don't care.
If emails stops they say it doesn't matter because that's not somthing they're charghing for.

I keep getting Vodafone offers which look good. Virgin is fast, but I really don't need it. All the TV channels on their basic tier that I care about are free, and for the odds & ends, there are certain websites.

Bet you could use a phone with a load of cheap data and do without the Broadband!
Ordinary browsing uses very little.

Any suggestions?

Dan.
With no disrespect to our friends in India, when I want to discuss my Virgin package, I usually select the 'You're thinking of leaving us' option which unless they've changed it, puts you through to a UK based call centre.

Cut down on the alcohol. A few bottles of cider less per month and you will be able to afford the Internet again

But he might as well save by switching as well... win win and a beer to celebrate

Virgin are one of the worst broadband providers on the market - TalkTalk are the worst.
Go to a price comparison website and check up on current offers from other providers to find something affordable.
Simples.

But he might as well save by switching as well... win win and a beer to celebrate
I cannot speak for dane, but I can comment from my PoV.

As someone who had a massive battle with alcohol, it would not have been helpful to be told "just cut down and you will be able to afford whatever..."

Deep down, I knew that already, but I was fighting this addictive vicious circle of drinking to try and cope with things, only for it to make things massively worse. I felt like I was stuck in this never ending situation and couldn't break out of it.

As for "a beer to celebrate", that's not funny.

Give the guy a break.

As already suggested tell them your leaving unless they can find you a better deal. Works for my daughter every time.
You don’t need to tell virgin you’re leaving. They are happy to find deals at the same prices. I find them brilliant and I get 350mb download and 34 upload. so far reliable as clockwork .

I'm only with Virgin because partner won't change email address.

I got out of that trap years ago. Using their domain internet is fine....until you leave and join another provider. I just go with Gmail for my email address and it always remains a permanent address.

In 2014 I left BT business broadband and my *************@btconnect.com email address but before I did, I set my emails at that address to be forwarded to my gmail address. I cannot access or send from that address anymore but I still get any emails that are sent to that address forwarded to my gmail account. A friend that looked after the office admin for me at the time had the address **************[email protected] and I set that up to be forwarded too. I still keep getting her home gas bills from British Gas which I forward on to her.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back