Virgin PC protecter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this any good? as i have just joined virgin and the pop up came up saying dowload this free pc protecter, i thought i'd ask cos branston does'nt give anything away for free, is there lots of ads/spam that come with it ?

I am currently on AVG free version, but it probably doesn't do much as 'you only get what you pay for' slogan suggest, or am I wrong? Again :D

Sponsored Links
It's not especially good. I would dump it.

I've been using Avira Free Antivirus ever since AVG got bloated, and it's been excellent. I use Firefox with Adblockplus and WOT plugins for browsing. I haven't had a problem in 3 years.

I'm still on AVG i havnt gone on the virgin yet, just asking, What do you mean AVG is bloated?

Has he been overfed? :eek:

I have used AVAST free home edition for as long as I can remember never had a problem

Sponsored Links
When I say AVG is bloated, I just mean that because it is trying to be a complete security suite, it has a tendency to be a bit heavier on system resources than it once was. If your PC is quite new, you may not notice, but on my old P4, the difference is quite marked. But it works well enough, I am sure. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'll keep the AVG for now but my pc seems to go slow sometimes, I had norton until recently until I saw this

From experience the Virgin option is extremely demanding on the computer resources. As already mentioned the free AV products do a very good job AVAST or AVG would suit you.

It is pretty good in my opinion, I used bitdefender for years and this is your Virginmedia anti virus "engine" and bitdefender generally do a really good in all the independent anti virus tests. PS no ads, spam etc.
BUT!! it depends on what service package you are on with Virginmedia as to the level of free product you can receive. Also, as ever the spec of your pc will decide how well the product will run. Try it, in the worst case scenario uninstall is your friend :D

cheers

Will

Nope...I wouldn't even bother with the Virgin stuff. :rolleyes:
It really is that bad, I reckon. (the old stuff was!)

Stick with the free ones like Avast or even Windows Security Essentials if you are using Vista / Win 7.
We got rid of AVG last year - it slowed up the newer machines, too.

;)

Sponsored Links
Back