visonic powermaster 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Long time since on here

Just gone to a customer and they wanted me to take out the pcb for internet connection
Un pluged unit and took out.
went in installer mode to see if anything wanted to be disabled but could not see anything.
Reset control panel BUT got errow code come up saying "comm failure" I cannot see any where i can disable that code.
ANY HELP please.
Got in touch with Vissonic waited over 1hr still not answer phone NOR chat CRAP

Sponsored Links
I would be looking in engineers manual, check comms are turned off.

If you have tried the engineers manual and still struggling let us know how far you got and I can dig a manual out and take a look.

I would be looking in engineers manual, check comms are turned off.

If you have tried the engineers manual and still struggling let us know how far you got and I can dig a manual out and take a look.
Hi
Thank you for getting back to me.
I have looked in the manual at 49 but cannot see anything about turning the coms off
here is the link for maual
.tzk-sro.cz/user/related_files/powermaster_10_30_g2_inst_and_quickuser_en_v18-1.pdf
put https:/ and www in front
Kind Regards

which module did you remove and was the unit down powered when you did so?

according to the manual the gsm module auto detects , so if removed you can power cycle the unit and it should automatically turn off that unit.

As for programming it should be in the communication section as far as I can see in the manual which ion the one I am looking at is P48 to P58 various broadband, pstn and gsm modules covered in that section

Sponsored Links

according to the manual the gsm module auto detects , so if removed you can power cycle the unit and it should automatically turn off that unit.

As for programming it should be in the communication section as far as I can see in the manual which ion the one I am looking at is P48 to P58 various broadband, pstn and gsm modules covered in that section
Did not know there was two. took out the one at the top left with batery down on the right

done that a also done a factory reset BUT still comes up with that errow

SORRY LOOKS LIKE I MESSED IT ALL UP WITH QUOTES ETC

Thank you so far

you need to retrace your steps
That is the problem, I do not know what the other person did when they fitted the model.

Looking at the mauel there is loads of things that they could have done when installing it.

I just cannot understand if the model is out how can it be seen.

It is looking like a COMPLETE factory reset from start.
that is going to cost with time.
You know what the customer will say it was working all ok befor you came.

You have already done a factory reset?

The manual is pretty clear where the programming is. If you cant be more specific as to what module has been removed cant attempt to go through the comms options programming off reports and number etc more specifically, you need the master installers number by the looks of things to program these. if you do not see the options you dont have the right code or the removal of module removes the options, the codes only can be defaulted, you can search for that process online, if the nvm is lockable and it has been locked then you would need to lock at other ways to default the unit. From memory you must follow the default instructions to the letter to be successful.

Maybe your looking for the wrong thing in the manual, there is no comms off option as such.

"Each of the channels can be separately enabled or disabled to allow or prohibit the module from using it for the event reporting" taken from the manual in the section already mentioned.

A comm fail, means that the panel has tried to communicate to a telephone number or IP address and port a set of information. The failure occurs when it cant get out.

The removal of the coms module will almost certainly do that.
SMS it will try and dial a number and to send an sms text message (disabling this is in the communication section)
CS will try and send information to the central station, this will be a number if gsm or pstn, or an ip address if its over ip.
The app will be over GPRS or over the powerlink (ip module)

Last edited:
Hi,
You have already done a factory reset?
Yes you are correct BUT that was from control panel.
You can short the two pins inside for a FULL reset. BUT that puts it all back to defaults
he manual is pretty clear where the programming is. If you cant be more specific as to what module has been removed cant attempt to go through the comms options programming off reports and number etc more specifically,

Sorry should have given you the numberr here is what I took out
Powerlink 3 adt uk
p/n 90-2077,28 rev a
dp4 class 11
3.7v dc/0 .5a max
s/n 1616136081
Hope that is okay
you need the master installers number by the looks of things to program these. if you do not see the options you dont have the right code
I reset them back to the defaults so no bother with them. i have full access to user and installer codes
to default the unit. From memory you must follow the default instructions to the letter to be successful.
Like I say above that has to be done inside the unit with two pins
A comm fail, means that the panel has tried to communicate to a telephone number or IP address and port a set of information. The failure occurs when it cant get out.
Yes I know that, but I have to find in the communications section where they are. If it was a ip or dns no problem but there are loads of then in that section

The removal of the coms module will almost certainly do that.
SMS it will try and dial a number and to send an sms text message (disabling this is in the communication section)
CS will try and send information to the central station, this will be a number if gsm or pstn, or an ip address if its over ip.
The app will be over GPRS or over the powerlink (ip module)

would have thought that setting the unit back to defaults would have set all those back to the defaults.

Thank you for all your time so far .

you have removed the ip module (powerlink) that is what you need to be looking at in the coms secution.

I cant do anymore because it will require you to advise on where you have got stuck and what you have tried and if the error still presents itself.

you have removed the ip module (powerlink) that is what you need to be looking at in the coms secution.

I cant do anymore because it will require you to advise on where you have got stuck and what you have tried and if the error still presents itself.
Hip Hip HIP
I have found them all out
went thro the lot and disabled then all under coms
then set them back on till I found the right ones.

Now I do not have that com failer code

Many Many thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back