Visonic Powermax Arming Home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I installed a Powermax wireless alarm last year. Really happy with it. Installation was tricky as not being a pro I found the instructions hard to follow but got there in the end. However i couldnt set the zones/PIRs up properly to allow me to have the alarm on overnight with the house occupied. So if i arm it HOME, when one of us comes downstairs in the morning the siren goes off when we pass the first sensor rather than a delay allowing us to disarm the alarm. I have:
The standard front door sensor;
3 PIRs in downstairs rooms that dont need to be passed when coming downstairs to disarm the alarm panel;
1 PIR on the upstairs landing that we would have to pass to go down to the alarm box but also simply to go to the bathroom in the night; and
1 PIR in the hallway that will be passed when getting to the panel.

My question is how should I set the two last PIRs zones? I dont want any changes to affect how the AWAY arm function works.

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
so you want the landing omitting on a night set
and you want the hallway detector, as a walk through zone, without looking at the zone types for this panel I cant say which one you need off top of my head.

but maybe something like intruder + stay, guard access, walk through.

description of function full alarm when system but entry not started, starts entry when part set, full set can walk past detector without triggering if entry started.

The zone descriptions should be in the manual.

Thanks for that secureiam. Having just looked through the instructions again i wonder if it night be these two:

Landing PIR - "Interior zones are zones within the protected premises that have nothing to do with perimeter protection. Their most important feature is that they allow free movement within the protected area without initiating an alarm, provided that the system is armed in the "HOME" mode. People can therefore stay at home and move about freely, as long as they do not disturb a PERIMETER zone.
Once the system is armed in the AWAY mode (all zones are protected), interior zones will initiate an alarm if violated".

Hall PIR- "Entry Delay.- The entry delay begins once the user enters the protected area via a specific doorway (his entry is sensed by a delay zone detector). To avoid an alarm, he must reach the keypad via interior zones (which become "follower zones" during the entry delay) and disarm the system before the delay expires. When the entry delay starts, the buzzer beeps slowly until the last 10 seconds, throughout which it beeps rapidly".

Is anyone able to help with the specific names of the zones i need to use fir these two PIRs? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I've got the exact same problem with my Powermax - I have a sensor on the landing that I would like to be disabled when armed in 'Home' mode and can not for the life of me work out how to do it. None of the options seem to fit the bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back