Visonic PowerMax Complete Sensor Issue - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope you are well

First time posting, go easy on me :)

I purchased the Powermax system 5 years ago and it was all fine until i was abroad and my brother changed one of the batteries that said low sensors on the PIR.

Since then, whenever I leave the house sometime between 5 minutes and an hour, the alarm is set off and it is always the same alarm which had the battery changed.

I have moved the PIR from its location and put it into a drawer and left and it still gives the same issue, settings off alarms. The system does not indicate any faults, just this one PIR that keeps going off when i set the alarm.

First point of call is to see if potentially my brother might have messed up the PIR while changing the battery?

If yes, is there a way I can uninstall it from the system without the installer code (with the supplier/call out charge) I have seen instructions online to reset the console but the siren keeps going off when i disconnect the backup battery

Any help is MUCH appreciated, this is driving me nuts having to drive home each time it goes off

Many thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
You can omit the problem zone when you set the alarm so its ignored.

the engineer or sub engoneers codes would be able to remove the device from the system.

theres only the one device that had battery issue?

I looked for the option but could not find it in the settings, in the manual it say's there is a Bypass option but when I go into the User settings menu it takes me straight to "User telephone numbers" or something like that

Yes, the Living room sensor had low battery, battery was changed but now it goes off all of a sudden when I set the alarm. When i get back it says living room violated. The others are fine

thank you for the reply

You could try uninstalling the device then re-installing it. Section 4.2.3 of the installation manual provides the sequence (though I have to admit it's not the easiest of documents to follow)

Sponsored Links
would need access to the engineers code/ sub engineers code to remove a device.

download the user manual and search for omit/ bypass.

I would need to look in the user manual to find the omit process, with the engineering code you can add or remove devices.

Hi guys,

I cannot delete the PIR as I don't have the installer code and the supplier will not tell me it (security reasons) They can reset but have call out charge etc

In the settings, I don't have an option to do a Bypass, i have checked the user manual and it states there is a bypass settings but on my console it does not seem to be there.

My only option i think it to somehow reset the installer code by jumping the console. I have followed the online instructions, but every time i disconnect either the backup battery or mains power, the outside sirens goes off....am i doing something wrong?

Cheers

If you have bought the system there is no reason the installer should not issue the installation code to the owner of the system. Send them a recorded delivery letter requesting (demanding) it and for them to post the code back to the registered address, also by recorded delivery.

They said it is the same installer code they use for all the systems they install so won't be able to provide it, they can only come and reset the code which will result in a call out charge

They guy on the phone was quite good, he said that there is a way to reset the code myself but I am having problems with it. If anyone can help will be much appreciated

The system should not be locked if you bought it but the engineers code does not have to be disclosed is the way I was brought up.

To find out what your legal right is, you need to take legal advice.

Often come across panels with codes changed and not disclosed and only a few that are locked.

complete the process and the sounders should stop when you power back up.

If you are defaulting the entire system, you have to start from scratch with your programming.

Oh...i am following this below information.

Will doing the below reset the whole system requiring me to program again or just the installer code? How easy will it be to program the system?

Apologies for the many questions

-----------------------------------------------------
Remove all power (mains and battery) from the panel.
Remove the panel from its backplate place face down on a cushioned surface. The Express needs removal of the internal cover.
Identify the two left hand jumper pins marked DEF and fit a jumper across them.
Restore the battery power - this will reset the control panel.
Remove the battery power, and remove the link from the DEF jumper.
Refit the panel and restore the mains and battery power
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty crumby installer that uses the same installation code for all their customer installations.

They may well be exposing themselves to future litigation if someone gets burgled and it's established that the alarm system was deactivated by using an engineering code - which can be done remotely by telephone !!

What they are doing is no different to joe-public using the same pin number for all his credit cards.

Disagree with you completely.

Theres a little more involved.

sounds like a complete default.

Thanks secureiam, so basically I will have to go back to square one? Does it take long to program? I am quite good at these types of things but just wondering if it's more hassle than it's worth? (opposed to calling someone out)

Thanks for your comments jackrae, but I won't be requesting the installers code from the supplier so don't want to continue down that avenue.....

you have to decide whether you having to go through and checking everything is programmed correctly, learned on etc etc yourself with an engineers manual is better than getting them out and paying X, but only you can decide that.

Just defaulting the codes, means only the codes changed, the question is do you know how your system is configured?

E/E, walk through, Intruder, timers etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back