Visonic Powermax Plus - issue with Siren after swapping batt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had an issue with my Visonic Powermax plus setup. The control panel reported that the siren had a low battery.

I have replaced it but now i can get the siren and the control panel to see each other and i cant pair the items.

it was the first time i've delved into the settings on my setup so i was fumbling around a bit but after reading several on line manuals i seemed to be doing well.

however i can get the 2 units to talk to each other.

i did this:

removed siren cover - alarm went off
replaced battery and replaced cover
i was unable to get into the installer menu so i decided to reset the control panel
reconfigured all PIR's on the control panel
tried to sync the siren by telling the control panel to look for it (Transmit now in enrol Siren option
open siren case and press test
siren sounds and flashes
control panel still says Transmit now

any ideas??

any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
How old is the unit .? I know there was an issue with some bell boxes a few years ago that had the problem you are having.

Thanks for the reply. The house is around 5 years old and i assume its been installed since new - but as neighbours have different alarm systems i cant be sure!

Sponsored Links
Didn't see this before i just posted in the forum myself.

I'm also having issues with the siren not enrolling with unit.

ITs also about 5 years old. So my best bet would be buy a new wireless siren?

Which model would be best to buy?

At the time visonic where replacing them foc try sending an email as it is a know fault with the unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back