Visonic powermax plus remote telephone access

2db

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No idea whether there's a problem here or if I'm doing something stupid.

Recently installed a Visonic Powermax + alarm system, and connected it up to the phone line last night. As instructed ... 2 wires to pins 2 and 5 of the bt phone line.

The alarm will phone me when events are triggered ... as expected. I can hear the message being reported fine.

However, when I try and dial in, as the instructions suggest, I hear a 10 second tone, after which I enter my alarm code, # - then ... nothing. I try the different options, e.g. report status, - but nothing happens. After 50seconds (again as described by the instructions) the alarm then hangs up the phone line.

Bit of a long shot I appreciate, but if anyone happens to know why this isn't working (my stupidity through to alarm fault) I'd be most grateful. It appears to me that my phone keypad presses aren't being registered at the alarm (can it hear my tones?).

Could it be the phone line wiring? As the alarm can dial out ... probably not???

An alarm setting ... something I've missed?

A fault with the alarm?

thanks

d

Sponsored Links
ah ha ....

more by luck than anything else - there's a typo in the manual!

for anyone else with one of these alarms, you need to press * before entering your user code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back