Visonic Powermax Siren Batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dads system is telling him the external sounders batteries need replacing, which is about right as its been installed 2 years.
What I want to know is what kind of hissy fit its going to throw if we don't replace them asap.
I cant get to him with the ladders until the weekend, and possibly may not be able to get the battery either!
I could delete them from the system if that helps for a few days.
I will change them quicker next time, I totally forgot about it!
Appreciate any advice you may have.

Sponsored Links
If I remember it wont do a right lot to be honest, other than stop working and maybe bring an alert up on your unit.

if it did cause a problem then you could delete it off. Very worst case scenario some wireless systems may produce a jamming signal until the unit can not power up at all, this could be very annoying for you and your immediate neighbours potentially.

Some wireless bell box's when they have lost battery power completely seem to die(ie new battery wont learn back on), but it isn't by any means guaranteed that will happen.

Usually you have at least a week or more of life in a system when it starts reporting low battery before they die, unless they haven't lasted very long to start with, ie 3 months batteries gone from okay to low bat fault, then chances are theres a fault with the bell box and that would nee replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back