Visonic Powermax System Jammed problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the above alarm has displayed system troubles and beeping every minute or so, thought it may have been a low battery warning but no, it's system jammed troubles. Had a look at booklet and Google and it seems it's an RF problem. Nothing has changed in my house that I can think of that could cause the problem.
Is there any way to remedy the situation as from what I could see in the booklet there is no info to do this.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned before...wireless central heating controller ?
Only things that have changed were a Google Home Mini and a new central heating controller (not wireless) so not considering those two. However, went through a process of elimination starting with wifi, then bluetooth off on mobiles and then cordless phones (3 of them as in a townhouse) and it's now working properly. Possibly the phones but after 7 years, why would they cause a problem now.

The wall plug switching mode power supplies often generate electrical noise, and this can get worse as they age. Worth checking.

Sponsored Links
The wall plug switching mode power supplies often generate electrical noise, and this can get worse as they age. Worth checking.
House is approx 9 year old, and I think I replaced the sockets nearest the alarm control box about 3 years ago.

like most things if you cant find it n your own home it may be outside your home.

do the street lights have aerials, how close are they to your house, and I am guessing you don't have the visonic panel capable of frequency hopping?

It's working now but why after almost 8 years would these things interfere with the alarm. Also is there anything I could do to stop this if it happens again if it comes from outside the home.

Because a lot can change, street lamps with 868 coms may have been introduced during this time and could have gone faulty, a neighbour could have had wireless heating control where batteries ran low and now they have changed them.

Realistically not a lot other than opt for a frequency hopping panel which yours isn't, but that would mean replacing the entire wireless system.

That is the difference between Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Systems.

I have also found that when a sensor goes faulty, it can also transmit continuously, thus giving a jamming signal.

not as old as the last thread but 6 months old none the less, but fair point being made.

I have had this intermittent System Jammed problem, and have figured it out, just bear with me.

My Microsoft 4000 wireless mouse was playing up on my laptop, I now realise that this happened after moving the USB dongle to a port on the other side of the laptop so I could attach a NAS drive, the mouse was stuttering across the screen when using it, I was thinking it could be failing, also trying to figure out if I had installed anything that could be causing this.

I am googling for Visonic System Jammed error while the mouse was playing-up and my brain suddenly connected the two issues, I have moved the dongle back to the other side and both issues have now disappeared.

SO you can add "have you just moved your Laptop or USB dongle" to the list of random things that upset alarms.

If I turn the laptop so the dongle is pointing towards where my Visonic alarm has been for many years, the error starts up again.

Hope this helps someone else.

Just to update the thread... had the power max alarm for years no issues at all has been a brilliant alarm...until today system jammed... only new wireless item in the house is the new BT hub sent to us that is designed to change from old style phones via copper wire to the new phones over data system. Turned off the bit hub and hey prestoI’ve sorted my alarm jam. Reset alarm to normal status, cleared memory and turned on the BT hub again and we are back up and running.

That is interesting as the frequencies are different ie 868Mhz or 433Mhz usually for alarm systems and wifi is 2.5 Ghz and 5Ghz. So wouldn't expect jamming normally unless router close to a device or panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back