Vista

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone getting it as soon as it comes out? Incidently, the cheapest I could find the Ultimate package was £135.

Sponsored Links
I have seen some advertisements for win XP with upgrade coupons, this may work out cheaper especially if you look at the oem versions.

Had RC1 for some time, I'll have no choice but to buy the final at some stage.
Be carful with upgrade coupons, you'll probably end up with home basic (which is fine if you want home basic!)

Sponsored Links
I will wait for the inevitable gremlins to be fixed with patches and updates. Im in no rush to give microsoft money updating a working system to a product which as yet will not have much software to exploit its potential Windows can be vulnerable at the best of times but a new release?!

Indeed, I wouldnt deploy it in a production environment for reasons you say, the thing is, its my job to suport IT so I have little choice but to get to know it inside out and pretty soon !

Just waiting for our copies at work to arrive at the moment, should hopefully arrive in the next couple of days. Looking forward to the new collaberation features in Office 2007 most though.

Your right Carl, I wish I could afford Office 2007 as the new features sound great. But hey ho cant afford the price tag
Mondo

I just find it strange & cannot understand why people need to get new versions, when there old one is ok & does all they need. I suppose if a company thinks it needs the latest & can offset against tax it keeps people employed.

Diyisfun said:
I just find it strange & cannot understand why people need to get new versions, when there old one is ok & does all they need. I suppose if a company thinks it needs the latest & can offset against tax it keeps people employed.
Unfortunately we all get forced into upgrading as Microsoft stop supporting their products :evil:

Mondo said:
I will wait for the inevitable gremlins to be fixed with patches and updates. Im in no rush to give microsoft money updating a working system to a product which as yet will not have much software to exploit its potential Windows can be vulnerable at the best of times but a new release?!

my local comp eng gave me this advice, will listen to him

As a rule of thumb in IT with regards to new Microsoft OS's it's a good idea to wait until at least SP1 has been released before running on a production system.

Let other people experience the bugs and security holes before you :LOL:

Martin

Vista appears to be a departure for the norm from Microsoft, in that it actually does work very well - Even if you do an upgrade install (As I did on the PC I'm typing this from), and that's not something that usually works well at all with previous versions of Windows - In fact, it actually sped up the OS and app loading times and the responsiveness of the system overall. All in all, I have to say I'm quite impressed with it, and I'm certainly no MS fan-boy.

I upgraded my laptop to Beta 2, then RC1 and RC2 when they were released for testing, but I got a much better performance when I blew it all away and did a fresh install.

Works a treat now and I get excellent performance ratings too. You will need at least 1GB RAM if you dont want your pc/laptop to run like a dog though

Will I be able to upgrade from Windows v3.0 or will i have to buy the full OS?

Sponsored Links
Back