Vitiated boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a boiler tonight in a tenanted property which had a severely vitiated flame.

The tenant is complaining of a very high gas bill and wanting to claim back some money from the rogue landlord who had all the boilers fitted by non corgis.

Has anyone done a comparisom of the heat out from a vitiated flame compared with a correct combustion?

Tony

Sponsored Links
No, but sureley this is a null point. The property should be reported to the CORGI hit squad, sureley we need to test their worth? So far I havenot been impressed.

Reported two serious situations - one client has given up, and the other had to get me to resolve the issues with the help of a local RGI - still waiting for the VORGI side of things.

I have a contact on the inside - he'll be getting a phone call soon.

Not wanting to hit this from too simplistic a level but surely the main component of vitiation is h20, so the heat from combustion would be wasted heating more water and non stoiciometric mix means incomplete combuistion which exacerbates problem.

Must be hugely innefficient and not good for the health of the seagulls outside.

How many big words can you fit into one post paul, I had to read that 3 times. And thats without a hangover....

Sponsored Links
This has been a problem since installation about six months ago.

All and sundry including BG have been to it. One of the non CORGIs replaced thre PCB !!!

The loss of heat results from not burning all the gas and what is burnt is only burnt to CO rather than CO².

After the exploding boiler RIDDOR resulting in no significant action being taken I have given up on telling CORGI when no one has been killed.

Tony

penpusher said:
How many big words can you fit into one post paul, I had to read that 3 times. And thats without a hangover....

Ahh but thhey are not spelt properly, I' know that but would have to look them up to find out spelling, and I don't come on here to be thumbing through a dictionary.

There must be a forumn somewhere for purfect english hatchet men.

Paul Barker said:
penpusher said:

Ahh but thhey are not spelt properly, I' know that but would have to look them up to find out spelling, and I don't come on here to be thumbing through a dictionary.

well it may not have been spelled right but it sure has hell impressed the bayjasus out of me matey

:)

My tuppence worth is would it not still burn the same amount of gas? its just not gettin enuff O2

but what do I know. I dont know any HUUUUGE words

corgiman said:
Paul Barker said:
penpusher said:

well it may not have been spelled right but it sure has hell impressed the bayjasus out of me matey

My tuppence worth is would it not still burn the same amount of gas? its just not gettin enuff O2

but what do I know. I dont know any HUUUUGE words

Well, I deliberated and procrastinated then mitigated this response with the cliche "you learn something new everyday"but unless I regain my olfactory sense, I`ll never be a CORGI :cry:

Try again, bypassing the word-fight :) ....
Vitiation I take to mean 'combustion air deficient in oxygen'. Usually, this is due to flue problems causing recirculation of flue gases into the intake, so that there is indeed too little oxygen.
Was that the problem in this case??

Nige F said:
Well, I deliberated and procrastinated then mitigated this response with the cliche "you learn something new everyday"but unless I regain my olfactory sense, I`ll never be a CORGI :cry:

EH???

gawd blimey you lot and your "book" learning

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back