Vitodens 100-w & hive issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, posted this elsewhere in wrong location but hoping someone here can help.

I've wired a hive system to my boiler it's all connected and the light shows the boiler is firing but I don't hear it running. One thought I have is.....now that hive is installed should I unplug the old push pin timer from the boiler pcb or would this be bypassed anyway?

Sponsored Links
I looked for instructions and with find on this page command wrote OpenTherm and got a result, so it would seem it needs Nest not Hive.

Then noted 120 volt 60 Hz so clearly not British version. However it may be the same, just different voltage, it does show what connects to what, and it does seem there is an option for the old off/on thermostat as well as OpenTherm but would not think Hive would be suitable as Hive has anti-hysteresis software which will cause it to switch boiler off/on many times as it approaches the set temperature.

Hive is great for non modulating boiler, but you would not try to control car speed by putting foot hard down and switching ignition off/on so why control a central heating boiler like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back