Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic

Yes you rotate the lever 90 degrees to lock it on - its one of those electric ones. Think i might go and buy a normal foot pump!

I think it is the valve though that is leaking when i pump - maybe a duff connection with my pump.

Sponsored Links
Pressure pumped in (10psi as suggested) ! It was going in fast than it could leak out of the bad connection with my pumps valve.

The main boiler pressure gauge now shows .5 bar... is this correct or do i need to re bleed the system and then re-pump the PV?

You should only pump with the system open to the air!

Remove that 0.5 Bar and repump to about 10 PSI

Tony

Does that mean pumping with a radiator valve open? (mine doesn't have a drain valve).

Olly

Sponsored Links
OP, do not let the pressure drop to zero else you might get air trapped in the HW heat exchanger which then need to be purged

Ok i won't.

However i have had a radiator tap open for a while (around 1 litre of water has come out) but the system pressure still says 0.5bar.

Am i doing this wrong?

(wish the system had a drain!)

If the radiator tap is really open to the air then its very likely your gauge is faulty or the communication pipe is blocked.

Try tapping the side of it and see if it goes down.

Even if it does not then carry on regardless with the repressurisation and refilling to about 1.5 Bar.

Tony

Ok PV pressurised to 10psi and the system pressurised to 1.5 Bar.

Heating goes on, warm radiators etc. System pressure remains at 1.5 Bar.

Heating goes off and over 3 hrs the system pressure drops to 0.9 Bar.

What is going on?!

(I may be, once again, in danger of becoming divorced!)

You need services of a heating engineer (hopefully one that knows what he is doing and not one that can only fit boilers) to come and look as the system/ boiler.

Recon its that bad?!

I have boiler cover from British Gas, hopefully it will be covered?

If not DP - i am actually in Glasgow...

I am sure boiler will be covered but doubt it will ever have seen the service as stipulated in the manual. Often it is a case of being press ganged to replace the boiler as 'parts are no longer available'

Have you any idea what it might be if the pressure is still dropping after the PV has been filled to 10psi?

Olly

Have you any idea what it might be if the pressure is still dropping after the PV has been filled to 10psi?

Possibly there is a need for boiler service. Combi boilers have many unions and seals- any one of these will cause the pressure loss if weeping.

Turns out that you need to make sure the random stop cock behind the dishwaher and under the floor (i now know this is the Central Heating drain...) is fully turned off.

British Gas lady came over, fitted a new PRV yesterday and a man closed the tap today.

Result.

Thanks for everyones help!

Olly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back