vokera 20 80 turbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this boiler for nearly 20 years- still working fine. Fan has been replaced twice in that time plus a few cheaper parts and I think the thermostat. Original pump still going strong. Used to have it serviced by main dealer but they now say it's obsolete. Last year a local plumber serviced it in about 10 minutes, said it's ok but a bit corroded and would last four years.Any adice : should I buy a new boiler now?
The main dealer used to replace some bits as part of the service but he didnt' do that last year. Does anyone still service these / replace parts?
thanks
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Firstly 10 mins for a service is impossible :eek: I would bet all he down was put a hoover in the combustion chamber :rolleyes:

As far as I'm aware these are still running ok and being serviced PROPERLY across the country.

This boiler shares a lot of components with the Flowmatic. It is a workhorse that does like proper service (like any other boiler).

Good chance the guy who did the service in 10 minutes was either in a hurry or did not know what he was doing.

My spares stockist stock almost all parts. I carry many parts for this boiler and the ones that came after it.

I would advise you to start putting funds aside (say £25 a month- amount that a service provider would take) which will amount to a tidy sum when this boiler is ready for the grave. This kitty could be used to pay for repairs as they arise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back