Vokera Flowmatic - life expectancy??

But the life of a Condensing boiler (I hear) is only about 5 to 7 years. Its got something to do with the build up of exhaust gases in the system.

Its a pity that he quotes what the ill informed have told him rather than a competent boiler engineer.

Any cowboy will tell people a whole range of nonsense when it may feed their pocket.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I don't know about that. Some boilers are scrap and won't last much longer, some them are uneconomical to repair after such a short space of time.

Ferroli gas control module (£190) for the 35KW HE boiler that is now about seven years old or so and has another two boards in it.

I,personally have replaced a five year old alpha and recommended a customer replace a SD three year old SE combi due to the plastic divertor valve bursting.

Sometimes when your fitting really cheap boilers the best advice is to buy two and stick one away for replacing the original ;)

I cannot see any need to replace any Al;Ipha although I have to agree that SD boilers are so dreadful that they should never have been installed when new.

I saw an SD dumped in a B&Q car park and went to look at it. It was only 2½ years old but the owner had obviously become fed up with it by then!

Tony

Sponsored Links
bet you had a good look to see if there was anything useful to keep :LOL: I would of :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back