Vokera 24, hot water heats rads too !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, i have a Vokera Linea 24 and the past year everytime you run the hot tap for a while the rads start getting hot ! even when the boiler is switched to hot water only?
Also, cause i havent used the heating this year and now i have started to, there isnt any pressure in the boiler? i have to refill the boiler every week.

I am assuming when we run the hot tap its getting through a valve to the heating system and also draining it?

can anyone advise

Sponsored Links
diverter is passing....20 minute job. there is a water leak somewhere.....find it. :)

Sponsored Links
what does the diverter look like, is it something anyone could change? and i am sure i dont have a leak ! when i went away for a week i came back to a full boiler as soon as you start using the hot tap it starts going down???

diverter is easy enough if you are reasonably handy. would mean draining the boiler and removing the diverter head and innards.

put your fingers on every rad connection when the system is cold, its the only way to be sure there isnt even a small drip, looking for puddles on the floor is no good. check the PRV pipe to outside isnt dripping. check the boiler isnt leaking underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back