vokera 25he fault! any help appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a vokera 25he around 4 years old with a fault which is driving me nuts!! the boiler keep locking out showing a solid red light.if you reset,it fires up ok then runs for a few minutes and does the same.also locks out after drawing off hot water to solid red light.first boiler cycle seems ok,fires up then shuts down when return up to temp,lights all green,when it tries to re-ignite it will fire up,ignite then shut down after about 5 seconds with solid red light.removed and looped through room stat but behaves the same.gas pressure ok.so far changed thermiser,spark electrode and ignition pcb,but no different.any suggestions as to the problem as i have now spent a few quid and are debating weather to just cut my loses and replace with new boiler.would really appreciate any advise,many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
You have already exceeded the limits of what we consider to be DIY work by touching gas/combustion items.

Its a pretty recent boiler so the obvious solution is to call a competent boiler to diagnose and fix the fault.

Why have you not done that so far or even put it on your list?

Tony

Thanks for that Tony :D iv'e had a gas safe registered installer out and he was unsure of the problem,called vokera and replaced mentioned parts on there recommend.im looking for some advise on where to go next and wheather anyone else has experianced a simular fault.

You should not have to pay for parts which are not required to fix your boiler.

I did say that you need a competent engineer! That means someone who is capable and confident to correctly diagnose the fault on your boiler.

There are several possibilities which can cause that fault.

Changing parts blindly is NOT diagnosing a fault !

Tony

Sponsored Links
many thanks for that Tony :D .i totally agreed that i should not have to pay for parts not required but i have done :( with no avail.i just need to get this so far expensive problem sorted and finished withthe guy was going off vokera technical advise.has anyone else on here come across a problem simular to this?

Is this a compact? If so I know what it's likely to be. Probably best if I don't tell you though.

could anyone please advise that a circulation problem within the boiler could be causing the lockout?would some x400 in the system and a flush out,or a powerflush possibly cure to fault??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back