Vokera 28E Maxin Combi Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been moved in to my new house for a week, the boiler has been fine until yesterday evening. I noticed that the radiators and hot water were all cold.

Had a look at the boiler and it was on, and water and heating switches were on too (according to the dials)

The blue flame (not sure what it's called) wasn't on and there is a button on the front (orange lit). I pressed it in to try to reset but nothing happens and the orange light keeps coming back on after 10 seconds or so. So Ihave no hot water or heating at the moment..........anyone know what is wrong?

Sponsored Links
When was the boiler last serviced?

Do you have the manual?
If so follow the reset and test procedures for heat and DHW. Then you can tell the engineer you call exactly what is happening, or not happening.

This sounds like you should get someone to have a look at it.

Turn off and on. Press the lockout button (again).

To light it needs gas, ignition sparks and to detect the flame with electrodes. SO the fault could be to do with the connections, a pcb or gas valve - can't say without tests only a corgi can do. You might hear the ignition sparks though?

No idea when the boiler was last serviced, nor where the previous owner left the manual

Turn off and on. Press the lockout button (again).

Tried that, still doesn't work

To light it needs gas, ignition sparks and to detect the flame with electrodes. SO the fault could be to do with the connections, a pcb or gas valve - can't say without tests only a corgi can do. You might hear the ignition sparks though?

Yes can hear the ingition sparks when the front is taken off

Sponsored Links
does the fact i can hear the ingition but it isn't lighting help get closer to the prognosis?

gas valve or ignition board are two probable causes.

cheers for all the advice, it was in the end the valve. The old one was taken out and when it was tilted upwards there was a load of black sh1t in side it. I can't relaly describe it, looked like black metal shavings of some sort. Anyway, new valve in, and hey presto

Thanks

Thats a compound which is formed in the gas pipe!

Its not necessary to replace the gas valve as it can all be cleaned off the inlet filter.

The same problem may reoccur in a few years time. It might be a good idea to get the inlet filter checked when the boiler is serviced as there may be particles in the pipework.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back