Vokera 80E "Divertor" prob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys n girls.

Vokera Excell 80E. Rads heat up when hot water in use.

Divertor kit fitted last week by a colleague of mine. I turned up today, tenant reported same fault as previously (rads heating up when hot water in use) so removed divertor kit to check if buckled/faulty/etc (it wasnt) and replaced with new one again. Also fitted new small brass disc into water fulcrum arm. Same problem still occurs as before.

The kit is defo in place correctly, ive done easily over 100 of these now and have never had any probs up till now.

Is there a possibilty that the brass sections are worn causing poor seating of the divertor kit ? Or is there anything else i can check/have maybe missed.

Your input as always is appreciated !

Sponsored Links
I dont remember very well but its to do with a white plastic bit behind the "figure of eight" "O" ring.

DP will probably remind us!

Tony

That's the "shuttle" but if he's done 100+ I'm sure he knows about those kit bits!

Take it spindles were cleaned and greased, domestic manifold was scrubbed to remove molten rubber, springs were in the right place, seal was in correct place on shuttle to mention a few. If someone has done hundreds, get him back to do one more.

Looks like lack of diverter spindle travel or maladjustment of microswitch lever. Diverter spindle has to travel the full distance to shut off the heating side. That is not happening here.

Sponsored Links
Shuttle, bobbin - I knew what I meant :oops: . Must go back to weavening classes...

I have come across it a couple of times. Everthing replaced, cleaned, set up spot on but still it would pass.

Got a tip from a old friend (ex vokera engineer).

Instead of using the supplied O ring for the bobbin use the O ring off the water to water heat exchanger its a bit bigger and works a treat ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back